Splash guard hanging down?

katapaltes

'03 P5, '17 Miata, stock AF
:
Dallas, TX
:
2003 Protege5
I have stuck my head under the car on two occasions now and for the life of me, I can't see how I would clip the plastic shield shown in the attached image any differently than how it's clipped in now, but it really looks wrong when viewed from the front of the car. Has anyone seen this before and/or know how to fix it?

f841aef9d67db097e9abfe94406a3ce3.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Are you sure the plastic is not broken somewhere? My car was doing that and I ended up drilling holes and ziptieing the splash guard to hold it up better so it doesn't look so bad.

Maybe there's a problem with the splash guard then. I can't find any missing clips or anything..

It's held up with a washer and a screw. The holes in the splash guard are also fairly big so it's possible for it slide out (or be yanked out if it gets caught on something).

It's held up with a washer and a screw. The holes in the splash guard are also fairly big so it's possible for it slide out (or be yanked out if it gets caught on something).

I reached under the car last night and pushed way up on that splash guard and there was nothing above it for the guard to be screwed or clipped into. It seems like the guard may just be drooping due to age. I suppose it's possible that I'm missing a part that would normally descend from above, but I doubt it. Time to dig through the parts catalog...

Back