Spicey MSP Build underway!!!

You need to be running a stock Thermostat. There are heavily modded cars that run the stocker.... Its just better.

Bottoms done waiting for the head studs to come in

308182_10150385000085730_1147603538_n.jpg

Last edited:
just GT25 but I'll be turbo back 3" exhaust and FMIC w/ 626 mani and maf relocate w/ vta bov

Last edited:
Atleast we would all hope he has plans for a better snail.. there are some out there with builds n still using the crappy gt25

Looking good man! How much did the build cost you so far?

Im about $4000 with everything I have bought or done. The short block (pistons+rods+machinework) was only $2,000. I still want the Ground control coil over sleeves (I know they suck compared to true coilovers but there $500 cheaper), a set of Gunmetal Rota Boost 17x7.5, the car still needs 2 rear tires (fronts are new Continental Extreme Contact DWS) and the AFC is on the list as well. and that would put me at like $5800

The GT25 isn't worthy of that motor. GT30 all the way!

Believe me I want to do a GT28 but the cost just makes it out of reach. I can't even get the turbo mani for it that I want (Steedspeed $850 w/ the ceramic coating!). At some point I want to do a Disco potato (GT28RS) but I'm going to do Spitsec AFC first. If I get it where I want it's going to be about $6k like I said^^. I don't think I'll do the GT30 cause I've heard the stock diff breaks around 300HP and I'm trying not do that

Well the stock diff breaks at stock power levels, lol. The trans does get pretty unstable above 300whp though (because of the case flexing), no matter how you build it.

Well the stock diff breaks at stock power levels, lol. The trans does get pretty unstable above 300whp though (because of the case flexing), no matter how you build it.

I hear miguel had a fix for the case flex thing thats supposed to be better then the par bearing cups. Also the stock diff break at less then stock HP.. i was running 5psi when mine broke thinking it would last tell i had a chance to upgrade it( never launched the car, burns outs or anything like that since I owned it ).

i say no to the SSAFC.. you need something that allows tuning of both fuel and timing.. IMO

Yeah I was looking at the AEM F/IC but I haven't found any info on installing or tuning it on a MSP and the AFC has a ton of info. I was also looking at the SS FTC but it's like $700 which is out of my price range. I actually like the F/IC the most and if anybody has done it on the MSP I'd like to know how it turned out

I would say save up for a haltech sprint500 or something simliar. If i wasnt using the mpi that would def be my choice. Would be well worth it

Back