Votes: 21 41.2%
  • I'll sleep with you for $2500

Votes: 12 23.5%

• Total voters

1sty

Contributor
:
2006 Toyota Tundra DC
I have $2500 I can consider disposable and I had 3 things I have thought about unloading my cash on.

1. A snap-on tool box. It would be a KRA5319:
http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/pro_det.asp?P65=&tool=storage&item_ID=72727&group_ID=13698&store=snapon-store&dir=catalog
Its more then $2.5K but I get a tax write off for it so it works out to be the same.

2. A 1997 Suzuki Katana 750. Its crimson red and only has 5000 miles. Other then a few rusted screws and a slight scrape mark, it mint.
I have a connection so I can get this for $2500 out the door.

3. Vishnu Stage one upgrade for the STi. It includes vishnus piggy back and TBE. I will also need an extension wiring harness to use as an adapter so I don't have to hack my factory wires. The up side is it has proven reliable and adds almost 50 whp by some accounts. The downside is I could end up in a warrenty battle in the future over it with the dealership.

Your thoughts?

Last edited:
I vote for the bike. Although I am not a big fan of the Katana, it sounds like a reaonable price. With summer coming up quick you may enjoy having a motorcycle. Also for that price you wont have to worry about taking a beating if you decide to sell it next year or even after a couple of months.

Buy the bike, man. =) The Katana's are really reliable; I have a friend with a 1996 Katana 600, and he still has it today, along with a 1976 Honda CB750F and a 1998 Laverda Ghost Strike. He still rides the Katana into work, as it takes to Boston's roads a lot better than the Laverda, or any sport bike, really.

My second choice is the Vishnu upgrade, though.

katana is what i would go with. snap-on is over priced, STi upgrades would be cool but the bike will still be faster and more fun.

although, i do need $2500...

Last edited:
Check out costco for giant tool boxes
We carried stainless steel ones that were huge and were $599
could get the bike and one of those for the $3k that "snap on" would cost

Mods the STi would be my first choice, next choice would be a tool box - but does it have to be snap-on? All of their stuff is sooo overpriced for what you get. Try Matco or even the new Craftsman line (uber sweet)

Pe@ce

Seeing as what you do for a living 1st I would go with the Snap-On. Yeah, there are expensive as all hell but they last forever. I've still got mine that is the same size but has the wide drawers on the right and narrow ones on the left. That box has been moved through 9 different shops and three houses with no damage and barely a scratch. That is something that will pay for itself over time and it's nice to be able to keep all your hand tools and most of you power and air tools in one place and easy to find.

I'd sleep with you, never got that much before so i would really have to PULL-OUT all the stops for 2500. But you probly don't want me so mod the sti.

yeah, make the STi fast..least ya got a cage around ya...I just got my motorcycle last year and was gonna buy a bike, but I changed my mind, tryin to keep on the safe side of speed :D

No discussion - to hell with the rolling toolbox!

dr_"mod that STi now, and save your pennies for a newer bike"_sarcasm.

yeah, i dunno why the box is even on there...You can get a craftsman like P5gurly said, for much cheaper, and its damn near the quality of snap-on

haha, that thing is a baby compared to some of the Snap-on and Matco boxes the guys at my dad's old shop had.

O yea I know ... ive seen some HUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE boxes ... but hes lookin at a $2,900 S/O box so I put up an almost equally priced Craft box (which happens to be their most expensive box as well).

Pe@ce

Back