Speed Sensor/VSS Wire Help!!

:
2007 Mazdaspeed 3
I just bought a 07 speed3 and the next day a greddy TT. I installed it but I want to run it as full auto TT. I've spent the last week and a half looking online for the speed sensor/vss wire, that is if they are the same thing. I can't find it anywhere and one guy told me there isn't actually a wire but a plug you have to shove the wire into above the steering column. Any help? I really want to do the speed wire when I do the ebrake wire. Just wondering if anybody can help me cause I can not find it for the life of me. Thanks.

There is no VSS wire unless you have the factory NAV. If you do, it is a white wire going into the back of the NAV DVD unit. If you don't you will have to make a connector tab that goes into the back of the instrument panel. There is a write-up on this somewhere, but it is a RPITA.

Any pictures of where I would insert the wire to? I don't have nav I just bought the speed3 sport. Its lighter I think :) I'm planning on putting the wire in today for the ebrake and vss but I really don't want to plan on a 2 hour job and it turn into 9..... If anybody has a picture of the harness(real life) or a diagram of it that I can use. I can run to radio shack and get the stuff I need before it closes if anyone has a picture at all. Thanks so much.

I found these instructions. Are they right?

"As for the wire, yeah from what I read that is not the right spot.
Try this spot. On top of the steering wheel shaft there is a rubber piece(between the steering wheel and instrument panel), just pop up that rubber part across the width of the shaft (left/right width). Then
grab the cover above the instrument gauges and pull, it should start popping out along the top and left lower side. This will allow access to the harness behind the instrument cluster. Looking at it from the drivers seat, there should be two harness one small one on the left and one on the right. Look at the one on the right. Two rows are in the middle of the harness. The row closes to the windshield side of the vehicle (top) and count 5 holes in from the LEFT. That spot should be empty. Strip your wire and double it over and be sure to have at least two inches and shove it in that spot.
Now drive your car while in the speed sensor menu connection and see if it shows the signal. If not, be sure to check the wire to see if it got down deep enough.
If it is good to go, just tape the wire to the others for a snug fit and line up the top of the dash cover and push it back together
."

Sweet. So I guess its just the connector on top of the steering wheel I need to put the wire into. It was saying something about the ecu in the engine bay but that doesn't sound like its right. Well I guess thats it. OH YEAH!

jeff check out the utah section that way u can see all the other local peoples here and u can put up pics

Back