Spec

Gambino

:
2007 Nissan 350z
So I have had plans for awhile to buy a spec clutch/flywheel. They have an entire line of clutches but not released flywheel. I have been told they were coming out with them. My cousins friend is a spec dealer and he talked to spec and said that they have no plans to make an aluminum flywheel for our 3s. Anybody shed some light on what they have heard?

mazda speed makes one and so does fidenza.... also sr motorsports... not sure about which ones weigh what but those are the 3 i know of....

I am an idiot. I meant to say that fidanzas site says they dont have a flywheel for the 3 either

So I talked to David at Spec and Brad at Fidanza and both say they have not even started making flywheels for the 3 and are still considering it. Neither one ever has plans yet....

Well, I got an email from Brad Bojc at Fidanza THIS MORNING 6/3 saying they have no plans for one yet, so it must not be real. Kind of crazy they have it posted for pre order when fidanza has no plans

I personally would not trust it. I would never preorder a product unless it had a release date set BY THE COMPANY

ultimazda3 said:
that guy that runs that site is a vendor on here, kaptin krunch or krn or something like that, ask him

HA, captain crunch, lol

first off, I want to publicly thank the member who came to me and informed me of this thread and how I am being called shady. I would think I have earned enough of a good name and reputation here that such would prevent any kind of immediate accusations. When HiBoost's integrity was called into question, the moderators involved in that thread and many many vendors were very quick to alert him so he could properly respond before the thread went too far. I am disappointed and a little hurt that I am being called into question and the moderator did nothing to alert me so that I could come and speak my piece.

second of all, I have also spoken with Fidanza's tech dept about the flywheel and one is in the works. The stock flywheel between the 6i 2.3 and 3s 2.3 are very similar in many respects and may even be interchangable just as it was with the 626 and the Protege, but tests have not been done yet. Which is why I have been very clear in my attempts to convey that the item is not available.

I do not scam anyone. I do not take people's money. I am not shady and I resent having such a verbal gun leveled at my head. I work very hard to serve this community and have the utmost respect for everyone here.

dread said:
That is just shady

Dread i expect more from you. Ken is alot of things but shady he is not.(direct) Matter of fact he does alot for the world of mazda and should be considered an (angel) Thank you ken for your contributions to this forum and for all of the help youve offered me.(k) Everyone let's get gather round and show ken the love. (group)

I would like to apologize for the confusion. I should have been more specific in that I was referring to fidanza and their denying that the flywheel is in the works. I have no prolbems with captain krm. Although, I have never ordered products from him, I would not think twice about ordering from a vendor as reputable as him. I agree with everything king said. Sorry again, I'm not trying to bash any vendor that put a lot of time into helping out the Mazda 3 community.

Cool. Glad you guys worked this out without any need for help. And I'm REALLY glad that a simple misunderstanding didn't get blown out of proportion! (thumb)

I have to say, I definitely wouldn't order any product on speculation, though. Too many variables between inception and production.

But that's me.

mazdaspeed and srmotorsports both have them, but I dont think I will be buying either of those. mazdaspeed is generally overpriced ($399) and it probably isnt MUCH lighter than stock, and I dont know much about sr

Back