Sound Proofing

:
2016 CX-5
How many of you have found that sound proofing (tiles, closed cell foam, mlv) are worth the effort? I recently dropped the headliner to swap out the roof rack and am having a hard time trying to decide if it's worth it.

Regards,
Bill

I agree. Search is your friend. On the post that you cite, I even commented on that one a while back. Unfortunately none of the discussions out there really answered the question, which is after all the time and effort (and money), was it worth it? In that article, people comment "I heard some difference" and others say "I was disappointed" so there is no real feel of "do it, it's worth it."

I said in there that it made a difference for me. I think the key is doing every inch of the car that you can with the Frost King material. Maybe even double layering it for extra deadening.

I had seen that, and am probably going to give the Frost King a try. I'm not looking for luxury vehicle quiet, just a little help and it sounds like the Frost King approach will do that.

I'm gonna say it once more and then I quit...

edead or raammat.

purpose built products for the application you're after... not repurposing something that isn't designed for that.. price is good...

ok. I'm done.

Well, Im in the works of installing fatmat rattle trap 80 mil sound deadening all throughout my accord, along with mlv sound barrier, I'll let ya know how it works for the honda. One day, I'll build a system for my P5, and it too will get deadening, I'll have to post when that happens!

Back