Something weird I noticed today..

Mazdaboysp23

:
2006 Volvo S60R Passion Red/Gobi Sand Interior
Hey everyone, today I went to Mazda for an oil change and I picked up a Mazda 3 brochure. It was a 2010 one but ut was different than the one they had out in July when I bought my car, which was a 2010 one as well. I noticed something small but kinda glad I bought my car when i did. The first thing was that they got rid of the led turn signal lights on the side mirrors on the GT, Second, on any color, the sharkfin antenna (tech package) is now black instead of body colored. I know they are little things but I am glad that I have the car with the body colored sharkfin and the lights in the mirrors. I was just wondering if anyone else noticed that!! Have a safe New Year everyone :)

Might be a Photo-chop?

I've been lurking around in Autotrader lately and the s models (2.5L) sedans and hatchbacks still show turn signal mirrors and body colored sharkfin antenna (for the navigation package?), the regular stubby antenna is black though

Attachments

• 2010_mazda3s_signal_mirrors.jpg
    2010_mazda3s_signal_mirrors.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 174
  • 2010_mazda3s_shark_fin_antenna.jpg
    2010_mazda3s_shark_fin_antenna.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 192
  • 2010_mazda3s_regular_antenna.jpg
    2010_mazda3s_regular_antenna.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 192
  • 2010_mazda3s_signal_mirrors_Sport.jpg
    2010_mazda3s_signal_mirrors_Sport.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 183
it must be the sharkfin for the nav only. i got the sat radio but just got a crappy little antenna glued to my trunk lid. it's annoying but oh well. i don't wanna ruin the paint now to get it off and rerun wires, etc. perhaps it was just a diff model that was in the brochure. i don't see why they'd remove the turn signal lenses..specially after just a half year.

It was in the brochures in the dealers now. I did look since I have the one from when I bought my car and the one I got yesterday and in the recent brochure they took out the mirror signals in the exterior area and in the brochure from July it is listed. So weird but cool for us! Next time your at Mazda pick one up and check it out!

mine is the gx model. It has no visable antenna lol...I kinda like it like that. I believe it is located in or on the rear windshield. Just looks like part of the defog. I wish I had Mirror mounted turn signals, but I have the side marker ones instead

no...i believe in the states it's the isport model

Here it's GX, GS, and GT

There it's Isport, S, and GT

Correct me if I am wrong, I never googled anything lol

I believe when I bought my car my options were; i sport, i touring, s sport, s touring, and speed. I could be wrong.

I believe when I bought my car my options were; i sport, i touring, s sport, s touring, and speed. I could be wrong.

ok...well you yanks have 1 more model than us. you have no GT(grand touring) model? We have the speed too, but i was just referring about the n/a 3

ok...well you yanks have 1 more model than us. you have no GT(grand touring) model? We have the speed too, but i was just referring about the n/a 3

He meant Grand touring. In the US, there are 5 trims (6 including the speed).

2.0L (only available on sedan)
i SV
i Sport
i Touring

2.5L (available on sedan and hatchback)
s Sport
s Grand Touring

Last edited:
Kalent, hope to see you out this spring, it will be cool to roll up with another 2010!!

What's the i SV?

I believe is the Sport w/o A/C nor the ambient temperature display

Oh, and those US 6 trims (i and s) are for the sedan only, the hatchback (5-door) only comes in 2 trims: Sport and Grand Touring (both 2.5L, no 2.0L choice)

Kalent, hope to see you out this spring, it will be cool to roll up with another 2010!!

Of course! I have a lot of driving/modding to do and I want to actually go to some of the club meets around here. We gotta show the old-gen fanboys up with our 2010's! (cabpatch)

ps. just kidding fanboys.. mazda owners unite!

never any meets in newfoundland :( they are all just "ricer" hondas. I really don't want to hang with them. Cause 90% of them don't have a clue

Very cool, the Mazda group is a fun group, good people despite the sometimes Illinois section drama! I also want to do some more stuff to my car, I'm going to get the exhaust instead of the side skirts before spring. I'm allowed a Mazda change bucket only for mods now since we are buying our first house very soon here! Kind of funny the change bucket!

Very cool, the Mazda group is a fun group, good people despite the sometimes Illinois section drama! I also want to do some more stuff to my car, I'm going to get the exhaust instead of the side skirts before spring. I'm allowed a Mazda change bucket only for mods now since we are buying our first house very soon here! Kind of funny the change bucket!

Lies.

Back