2011 Mazda3 window failure one by one...

Hi all,

I bought my 2011 Mazda 3 over two years ago and passenger window didn't work, recently both rear windows are doddgy - I can lower them but they are not going up (switch on rear door were working but not anymore). Only my driver side windows is working normally. Also, passenger mirror doesn't fold. All fuses are OK.

I bought new door switches (two different ones) and first one exploded and started to smoke, 2nd one was working same as my original one (only driver window working). I also put new switch to passenger door and it didn't help. Looks like it's the issue with computer, not the switches. I don't want to go to Mazda dealer as they would rip me off, I tried at local car electrician in Galway and he told me he don't want to hear about it as it's a common problem... wtf...

Thanks in advance for any advice how to sort this out.

Attachments

• Prozor prekidac.jpg
    Prozor prekidac.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 70
Computer wouldn't even be on my list of possible suspects for the problem you described.

I guess if it's the computer it would then fail all windows and other stuff...

@negusm
Yeah, seems logical, however, rear windows are going down on drivers switches, and up only on rear door switch, but last time it barely went up (very very slowly) which doesn't make any sense to me...

Thanks anyway guys for reply!
Hopefully somebody have more info about this :)

.... Hopefully somebody have more info about this
All the 'info' in the world, isn't going to solve the problem with your vehicle, because there are multiple possible reasons for those symptoms. The resolution will only happen by doing electrical diagnosis, most likely including a fair amount of door disassembly. And the guy you spoke to probably didn't want to get involved with that type of potentially tedious work. You'll either have to roll up your sleeves and get to work on it yourself, or else find someone who's willing and able to do this stuff.

Back