Some pictures from a club meet/drift thing

AutoEuphoria

:
'08 CPW Mazdaspeed 3
Our local club here in Midland named Empire got together and took a trip over to a drift event about an hour away. It wasn't anything big...more or less just an informal/amateur day for people to go out and have some fun. They also had an 1/8 mile "street race" style drag racing session...no lights or timers, just who crossed the line first.

Anyway, here are some pictures from the trip. Things to keep in mind...the red Evo with the big wing belongs to a friend of mine (Jared). He and his co-driver just won the AutoX Solo2 Nationals in street mod. The black Evo with AMS on the side belongs to another friend (David). The car is making insane power and ran a sub 10 second time in the 1/4, and still has some left in it. Car was completely built by AMS and has a Shep transmission. Red Evo IX is Doug...it's mostly stock with just a tune and exhaust. It's his DD, and he has a couple other fun cars to play with. The silver Evo belongs to Greg, another member and friend who is the most consistent person at the drag strip I've ever met.

SD1.jpg

SD4.jpg

SpeeDrift5.jpg

SpeeDrift4.jpg

SpeeDrift3.jpg

SpeeDrift10.jpg

SpeeDrift9.jpg

SpeeDrift8.jpg

SpeeDrift6.jpg

SpeeDrift7.jpg

SpeeDrift1.jpg

SpeeDrift2.jpg

The rest of the time I was taking video with Davids camcorder, so those were the only drifting pictures I had. Fun time though...definitely looking forward to going with these guys to the drag strip on the 12th!

Back