Off Topic So slow I'm ashamed...

Pffft. I game @ HD. I don't think the bump to 1440 is worth the expense of a monitor. ;)

Pffft. I game @ HD. I don't think the bump to 1440 is worth the expense of a monitor. ;)
Well to be fair, resolution and size of monitor do matter as well. 24" or below? 1080p HD makes sense. Above 24" 1440p is better. 4K really at 32" or more.

That said, I do like my 32" 1440p monitor even if it is a bit bigger than they say is suitable for 1440p.

Why would you assume I have a tiny guy? :D
Spent a lot of money of my gorgeous 27" monitor. Not buying a new one anytime soon.

Well to be fair, resolution and size of monitor do matter as well. 24" or below? 1080p HD makes sense. Above 24" 1440p is better. 4K really at 32" or more.

That said, I do like my 32" 1440p monitor even if it is a bit bigger than they say is suitable for 1440p.
I use a 23.8" 1440P monitor and it's plenty crispy. I play FPS, and bigger monitors are a draw-back.

Fortnite? :D

We need to play something some time, fellaz! I'll stay up late for you Mountain time guys.

I prefer Apex Legends for my Battle Royale fix. But I could install PUBG if there's any interest from Colorado or @ruthrj

I don't play any of those games so if I grab one (whichever you guys want to play), forgive me if I am bad.

Apex is 3 players per team and the team fights to be the last. PUBG is still every man for himself, no?

Duuuude, where where???
Zotac. So it was definitely a minefield as their website is slow as hell and I encountered two 522 errors trying to checkout, but persisted and made it through.

Basically was in the right spot to immediately click a stock alert and add to cart and go from there.

I should be clear that it wasn't my first choice at all, but at this point will take what I can get. I wanted a 3080, but those are completely unobtainium for the foreseeable future with miners buying them and GDDR6X shortages, so 3090's are more prevalent since they are a worse ROI for miners. Zotac also not my first AIB choice, but eh, what are you going to do?

Last edited:
Zotac? Ewww.
Yeah I know. See my edit.

I might try to see if anyone might trade an EVGA or ASUS for this plus cash. Doubt it, but oh well. Honestly, at this stage it's hard to be picky. I have a 5600X and Dark Hero X570 sitting in the corner just waiting for a GPU so I can start a new build.

At this point I see it as a card to hold me over till 40-series and then maybe then can grab what I really want which would be an EVGA or ASUS 80-class card.

Last edited:
ChainedAlice is my gamertag.
Is that Steam? All I saw was Chain Alice which didn't look like you.

This is me:
sir b.JPG

Back