snow... lots of snow

tsunami

Contributor
:
mazda3 5 door
here we go the first super storm of the season... one of the local news channels pretty much said f-it and their forecast said expect 1-2 feet... lol i was like ummm thanks. i should get anywhere from 15-28 inches according to the different forecasts... i left the 3 at home with its lowered stance even with snow tires thats just to much snow. i took the tacoma to work today.

anyone else out and about in this nastyness... ?

ohhh they changed the forecast i am still in the 12-18" at least its not 24 anymore...

Last edited:
lol not sure about rules but if you like snow and winter activities then i live in the right place...

ended up with around 14-15" or so... how did the rest of you guys fare? i know along the coast there was a lot of ice and only half the snow or so

Last edited:
about 8-10in I'd say in downtown Burlington. My car was parked on the street until about 7pm last night, when I finally got to it, it was f'ing buried. Some stupid truck plowed a huge bank of snow up against the back of my car. I had to dig out the tail pipe before I could start it. lame. but I did go sugarbush this morning, lots of snow there. but the wind packed it down and made it pretty heavy.

holy s*** buckets... went to bed last night weather for the storm said 8-12", didn't even really start snowing till 7pm. thought it was going to be weak like the last couple so i only gave myself an extra 15min to get to work. Woke up to 26" of snow!!! I couldn't believe it i just started laughing... i have a few cell phone pics i will try to upload tonight when i get back to the tundra. needless to say i was very late for work, took me 25min to go 10 miles (after that the snow was a lot less due to warmer temps closer to the coast and the roads were better) over all took me 2 hours to get out of my driveway and 34miles to work. (normally 50-55min trip). Also i was in a toyota tacoma 4wd there was no way in hell the lowered 3 was making this trip.

Last edited:
i was just in hawaii over thanksgiving and into december... god its awesome out there. this was my second time. went to 2 islands this time, kauai and oahu. kauai is phenomenal i had a really good time there, and we had some friends of my GF's sister (who we were staying with on oahu) give us a day tour of oahu and that was pretty stellar as well.

The snow wasn't too bad for us in Bangor. You must live up north a ways or over towards Farmington and the mountain area. I think we ended up with 8 inches total.

this was last years thread about the dam snow. i lived out in the lakes region in bridgton. pretty much a small snow belt from the mtns in north conway new hampshire north conway fryburg bridgton we usually get more snow then the foot hills progection but not as much as say the farmington rangely area...

anyways i just moved to auburn and we are expecting a foot or so tomorrow though up in bangor you guys are looking at 20" or so. what kind of mazda you driving djleight?

It snowed like crazy here and my MSP even with snows is barely driveable. But it e-brakes like a mother. haha

Back