SkyActiv TSBs (Technical Service Bulletins)

I checked with my dealer and he looked up any concerns with warping in the leather of the front seat cushions(s), which mine had from new. All he could find is that Mazda is looking into a solution for CX-5's in Canada. I won't hold my breath for a resolution but at least the service guy took a picture and supposedly will pass it on.

Sorry, I missed this. The title at the top of the page says Worldwide.

Host had to remove tabs after recieving a request from Mazda. Too bad, Mazda style seems to be issue tsbs tp get around recalls.. sucks when you get out of warranty.

Host had to remove tabs after recieving a request from Mazda. Too bad, Mazda style seems to be issue tsbs tp get around recalls.. sucks when you get out of warranty.
No, even with warranty those TSBs will help us to get things we don't aware on hidden problems fixed before the warranty expires! My rear brake capliers、Bose front door woofers、A-pillar trims、etc. got replaced under warranty because I saw the TSBs, otherwise I'd let them go without fixing them and later I've to either pay or live with the problems without warranty.

Sounds like a censorship to me by Mazda! (notcool)

... or Mazda wanted to exert some control over copyright material that they pay to create. Not everything is open source.
And if you want TSBs for free there are still ways to get them with a little effort.
TSBs are included among the files with workshop manuals at this link. You can download them.
TSBs are also available for free at BBB industries. You have to sign up and they send you a link via email. Keep the email handy as this is your link to get to the wire diagrams and the TSBs hosted there.
Finally, check into your public library. In my area if you are willing to get a library card and visit a public library, you can get access to ALLDATA (or in some places a similar resource called AutoMate). ALLDATA is one of the resources the professional independent shops use to get access to repair procedures, detailed wire diagrams and TSBs.

... or Mazda wanted to exert some control over copyright material that they pay to create. Not everything is open source.
Yes there's copyright issue on TSBs, but so as owner's manuals and factory service manuals where we can find them online somewhere easily. IMO the main reason why Mazda made this move only on TSBs is trying to hide known (to them) issues and bad designs so that owners won't use such info asking for warranty service, hence save big money for them! In my case they'd have saved $1,500 on warranty service, which would have become my expense later on!

And thanks for the info on how to get TSB info and I believe we all need them unless you don't keep the car for long-term.

And if you want TSBs for free there are still ways to get them with a little effort.
TSBs are included among the files with workshop manuals at this link. You can download them.
TSBs are also available for free at BBB industries. You have to sign up and they send you a link via email. Keep the email handy as this is your link to get to the wire diagrams and the TSBs hosted there.
Finally, check into your public library. In my area if you are willing to get a library card and visit a public library, you can get access to ALLDATA (or in some places a similar resource called AutoMate). ALLDATA is one of the resources the professional independent shops use to get access to repair procedures, detailed wire diagrams and TSBs.

So they're available for free, but link them on a forum and that's bad? Lost me on the logic there...

Yep - I hear you. In the ideal world a forum like Mazdas247 would be given all kinds of special access to Mazda copyright material. An argument could be made that members here are Mazda*s biggest fans and on balance will benefit Mazda with brand loyalty, influence others to buy Mazda products and purchase all kinds of accessories, etc. But Mazda (and every other manufacturer) would prefer that people and service shops pay to get workshop manuals and TSB information.
Just seeing both sides - and know that engineers like to get paid for their work. ALLDATA is a subscription service * if your public library offers this they are paying. The BBB industries is also paying for the information they share - in exchange for some of your personal data.

+1 for knowing about these. It's crappy we have to hunt to find out that something we're putting up with actually has a TSB and could have been fixed under warranty, if it met the complaint. Most of the time I wouldn't even look to see (front door speakers are a good example - where I thought perhaps I blew them and it ended up being a defect).

My guess is Mazda doesn't want people to know the complaint details (to the degree set out in the TSB) to lower total number of warranty claims.

I honestly kindof understand. If you have a problem, and go to the dealer, they still have the TSB. If you don't have a problem, and you read a TSB, you may be a hypochondriac and convince yourself that you do. This creates all the more work for Mazda, and all the more anxiety for the consumer. Its like webMD'ing symptoms...noone is going to be happy.

Sorry, I missed this. The title at the top of the page says Worldwide.

If you get a chance, can you check to see if this has been updated for North America (warped seat)? The Russia part applies to some KE cars, but the only other mention is EU. Although it does say worldwide at the top.

Thanks!

Sucks Mazda asked for the TSB's to be removed, they've done this before. On the 8club we had a forum vendor (Mazda dealership) who had all of them on their site and they too were asked to remove the links.

Anyone have an idea for a work around? I haven't had a library card in 30 years so that's probably not the best route for me.

Back