Sirius on CX-9 in Canada

Lexx

:
2007 Mazda CX-9 AWD GT, 2010 Mazda3 Sport, 2005 BMW M3
For some bizzare reason, the Sirius receiver is not available as an option on Canadian CX-9 models. Obviously the car can be integrated quite nicely with a standard receiver. Does anyone know where one can obtain a CX-9 Sirius receiver as an accessory with delivery to Canada?

I am also getting the sense that people with similar tastes to me seems to like XM better than Sirius -- I haven't tried either, but I think it's time to give sat digital radio a shot. Does anyone have any experience yet with integrating an XM receiver with the CX-9 system as seamlessly as possible (i.e. steering wheel controls, switched by the SAT button, no unseemly external power or antenna wiring, etc.)?

Thanks,
Lexx

Unfortunately, the only solution I can think of is to get it from US dealerships (either online or physically).

Good thing is that it does work though, as I know of Canadians who have done this on their Canadian-spec Mazda's.

Ok, well, I will be in San Jose, CA and then in Las Vegas area in mid April. Does anyone have any recommendations for a Mazda dealer worth dealing with to purchase the stock Sirius receiver in either of those regions?

Thanks,
Lexx

Get Sirius in Canada

Have you had any luck installing a Sirius sat radio? I too have a CX-9 with everything but Sirius. An American dealer is willing to sell and ship to me (at a cost of about $310 ++). The installation looks very complicated & not something that could be done easily. The idea of having all the trim and panels taken apart for installation sounds a little scary. I would appreciate hearing your experience if you have had it installed.

Have you had any luck installing a Sirius sat radio? I too have a CX-9 with everything but Sirius. An American dealer is willing to sell and ship to me (at a cost of about $310 ++). The installation looks very complicated & not something that could be done easily. The idea of having all the trim and panels taken apart for installation sounds a little scary. I would appreciate hearing your experience if you have had it installed.
No, I didn't purchase nor install. As yourself, the install instructions seemed too excessive for the value. 6 MP3 CDs and the local radio stations seem plenty for me.

Back