Sirius ESN

Bob-Loblaw

:
2016 CX-5 GT
I'm trying to find out the Electronic Serial Number for the XM Radio so I can listen on line. The Sirius website says for Mazda Connect you tune to Channel 0 but mine starts at 1. Is it because we only have a trial version I wonder? When I enter my VIN it says it's not recognized.

Wish I could help.. I never even bothered with the free Sirius subscription on mine. I assume I could still do it though.

I found mine by searching the channel list (which is unpopulated except for Ch 1, preview) and dialing back to Ch. 0.

hope that helps!

In the Infotainment section of the Smart Start Guide is a grey box that tells how to start your free trial subscription if your vehicle is equipped with Sirius XM. Takes about 5 minutes and they will want you on the phone at your vehicle when they send the signal. Basically you'll need your VIN and call 877-447-0011. If I remember correctly they did have me call a second number. The freebie is good for 6 months.

I never even bothered with the free Sirius subscription on mine. I assume I could still do it though.

I don't think so, the free subscription starts when you buy the car and will run out whether you activate or not.

Last edited:
My free subscription for my 2016 is good till August. Then it's $18.00 a month!!!!

My free subscription for my 2016 is good till August. Then it's $18.00 a month!!!!

I found the ESN by moontoms method. I think I had to use the steering wheel controls to manually tune back to 0. So you think $18 is too much? I'm an avid fantasy sports guy (baseball and football) and they carry all the games and even a fantasy sports channel. Plus for music Sirius XMU fits the bill for me. I'm contemplating keeping it. Doing the math it's like .60 cents a day. If you listen to it most every day for 30 minutes or so, like I do, seems reasonable.

Last edited:
I don't think, so the free subscription starts when you buy the car and will run out whether you activate or not.

Out of curiosity I will email Sirus support... they were sending me reminders like ever month for 6 months after purchase to activate the the free subscription so not confident this was directly mapped to purchase date.

You might want to wait and see. I just got a letter offering a big discount. I can't remember what it was exactly, but less than half that.

Out of curiosity I will email Sirus support... they were sending me reminders like ever month for 6 months after purchase to activate the the free subscription so not confident this was directly mapped to purchase date.

I called sirius and asked about the free subscription. I was told that the dealer started the subscription on the day that I bought the car.

If you call Sirius the day before your subscription renews, they can always give you a discount. I did this after my 3-month free trial, and then again after my initial 1-year purchase. I just renewed for ~$108 for the year after tax.

Thanks....... I will wait. I would do $9.00 month. Not eighteen. I think they tell you that so you think you got a good deal when they lower the fee.

Well, if you don't call and let it auto-renew, you do pay $18 and it's a pretty big rip-off.

Sirius can't rip you off unless you let them. When I renewed for $35.00 for 6 months I told the girl that I only authorized a one time use of my charge card. I do not authorize any auto-renew. She said there would be a $2.50 billing fee if I didn't allow multiple charges. I told her that I would never pay the $2.50 fee and would let the service lapse instead. Remember to disallow multiple charges.

Back