Since it came up; The 2005 Mustang!!

on the suspension issue people - the market and the buyer demands stuff like the rear axle the way it is, better for burnouts supposedly? the SVT model will have the independent suspension.

true. i read ford wanted to put in an irs but the demand wasn't there so they went back to the solid rear. not matter, that car looks so f***in awesome, can't wait to test drive one and find out if it can live up to history.

i think dressed up a bit, it will look cool. But right now...your nuts to think so.

Of course the old farts will like it.....at least for nostalgia

I can see Car and Driver, and Motor trend alredy...car of the year. Just like that ugly f'n t bird they brought back.

Nice ride

I like the GT for the price. I also lke that BOSS version but with a bit less makeup.
MUSTANG_BOSS1.sized.jpg

No... I would not want a 'red' interior, for sure. But; as a lover of the 1964.5 - 1968 Mustangs, I have to give this new 2005 '10s' across the board. I love what they did. (thumb)

AGR said:
Dig! The new Mustang will be quite popular. No question. And; Stevie Wonder could even tell ya; it's a Hell of a lot better looking than that nasty new GTO.

7817-5.jpg

rear19.jpg
I agree! What's up with the GTO any way?? Looks too much like a Grand Prix.(scratch)

MisterT said:
I agree! What's up with the GTO any way?? Looks too much like a Grand Prix.(scratch)
What's up with the GTO? First off; it's a Pontiac. (lol) GM's lead maker of America's shitboxes! But; of course, it really isn't American anyway. The GTO is really a Holden Monero from Australia. Sure! Not only does it look like a GP, it also resembles that dumbass Monte Carlo. The only thing GM has done to impress me is the Corvette. 'Still a car I would consider for under $50,000.00

Pontiac is still making up for the Aztec.

Is there no Pony-car replacment at GM/Chevy?? Does the Mustang rule the roost?? Is there even a concept Camaro?? If not and the Camaro lags more than 1-2 years out of production the Mustang will be the undisputed king. Ford needed only a break to jump ahead of the camaro...with this new mustang it broke it way ahead! Wait till you guys hear one. It sounds identical to the Mach1 if you've heard it.

PR5Matt said:
Check out the NMRA website (National Mustang Racers Association). A lot of guys drag race their Mustangs. Solid rear axle is best for this.

http://www.nmraracing.com/
Sure.....as is the way of the American Musclecars. Drag racing is popular. I, personally, would rather think of all of the Trans Am victories the Mustangs have claimed.

GearSlammer said:
yeah i was reading an issue of HOT ROD magazine and they were comparing the SVT to an STI. handling was really close. i think it was the jan. or feb. issue. i smell a track slut.
That test was bulls***. They couldn't even drive the Cobra as well as they could when it first came out. Most magazines, even the ones who can't drive, run mid 12s with a Cobra (around 12.50 for a hard top, and 12.70 for a convertible) and these guys even did when they did their first independent test. But in this test they spin to a 13.30 (same as the STi but at about 10mph faster [read: POWER!]). On TV they admitted that the Cobra was mutch faster than what it was that day on a slick track and can and does run much faster than the STi (with slicks there would be total embarasment), but in the mag I don't think they said this.

They put this story out to throw a bone to the import guys, and they know that most people don't read the article, or realy know how to look at performance data and instead comapre blurbs. Don't get me wrong, the STi is a great car, but I know that they run out of steam up top, and I have seen them beat many times buy cars that they are supposed to beat. It is all about traction, which they have, and driving. But seriously, if you guys saw cobras race and knew what they are capable of, you would realize what a milestone car it is and how it is in a performance, and performance per dollar, class by itself.

wOOt pr5matt. Good comment. I've seen more horrible Cobra drivers than good ones. My buddy in his mild GT vert can outrun a cobra, but only because he's a better launcher/shifter. My buddy's GT put down 307whp w/ a 50hp shot and he will walk away from the new cobra (given the driver).

Also, (comment for everyone talking about IRS) I want to point out what SVT is. SVT is a division of ford responsilbe for the Cobra, Lightning, Contour and Focus. While these cars are synonamous with power they are better known for PERFORMANCE. Not only straight line acceleration but handling, braking, and power. If you read the SVT website they list handling as there first priority. Power is nothing if it can't be controlled. The SVT Mustang while very fast was made for racing in the turns. The GT was and will be the drag favorite.

Back