Sick to my stomach

Here is a quick parts list:

Xede EMS
BEGi FIRST FABRICATED DP
Magnaflow Exhaust
TEIN SS Coilovers (a little less than 2k miles on them..)

and those are the only big things I can think of. I can't take off the FMIC due to the shop where I installed the BEGi one at decided to hang it on their "Wall of Shame." Wheels, have to stay on..

(I always forget something and I hate that feeling)
OH! The intake, I always forget that booger.

isn't the back of the Monaro the exact same as the GTO?

2004-Holden-VZ-Monaro-R-RA-Studio-1024x768.jpg

2004_pontiac_gto_front_rear_1.JPG

pretty damned close. hahah i htink the Holden badge looks better

EDIT: i think the 6.0 GTO has teh same rear end of that Monaro

Last edited:
wtf how can you be trying to avoid seeing it when you're posting videos of it and going on the GTO forums? make up you mind

gimpo2 said:
wtf how can you be trying to avoid seeing it when you're posting videos of it and going on the GTO forums? make up you mind
I bitched the person out who sent it to me.

All the forum stuff took place for the past two days. I don't plan to go on there anymore, until it's done.

thats not very greatful. Someone tries to help you out by sending you a video and you jsut b**** them out? i'm not gonna help you anymore :p

Hahha, you know how I do it..foo. I b**** them out then say "ilu" or do the "<3."
Turns it around into a playful chew.

Yeah pretty much isn't the only difference in the rear that the GTO has a stock spoiler? the monaro front end is just so good

unless you're talking about the monaro vxr rear
this front end is so nice and clean :)

There, I just linked to the pictures, if you're tempted to click the links, so be it :p

k-lea said:
..I agree with Dana. I've never done a compression test like that.

BUT YUNO, I am a chick, so what do I know, right?

that IS the proper way to do a compression check even though most people don't do that

so for the benefit of the doubt, just do it properly

K-Lea, I was only trying to make sure you're readings are accurate. I have never seen someone do a compression test with the plugs in. Engine warm, plugs out is the proper way to do this test. WOT just confirms that the cylinders are properly venting the air in and out of the other cylinders without building any compression themselves and throwing off the readings. I honestly think that you'll see readings somewhere near the 160-170 range with the plugs out.

I know the GTO seems to be already decided upon, I just wanted you to know that the MSM is probably not as bad as it seems. How long are your commutes to work? If the engine is not getting up to operating temperature for 15-30 minutes consistantly, the fuel that slips by the rings is not going to boil out which then combines with the oil and thins it out....obviously resulting in increased wear potential.

Male - Female has nothing to do with it. I'm just surprised in all you've done that you have never done a compression test before.

MAZDASPEED MX5 said:
K-Lea, I was only trying to make sure you're readings are accurate. I have never seen someone do a compression test with the plugs in. Engine warm, plugs out is the proper way to do this test. WOT just confirms that the cylinders are properly venting the air in and out of the other cylinders without building any compression themselves and throwing off the readings. I honestly think that you'll see readings somewhere near the 160-170 range with the plugs out.

I know the GTO seems to be already decided upon, I just wanted you to know that the MSM is probably not as bad as it seems. How long are your commutes to work? If the engine is not getting up to operating temperature for 15-30 minutes consistantly, the fuel that slips by the rings is not going to boil out which then combines with the oil and thins it out....obviously resulting in increased wear potential.

Male - Female has nothing to do with it. I'm just surprised in all you've done that you have never done a compression test before.

I'll try it.

The MSM is not my daily car. I put about 200 miles on it in a weekend and that's it. It's my weekend beater. I think that's when things went wrong. I wouldn't drive it then on the weekends I'd just tear into it.

I was asked if the car was running like crap, well...It kinda does run like crap now that I think about it. The weather had changed and was around 72 the day I noticed this so I just thought it was the weather change. Negative. This was after I put the oil in and I was taking it for a spin to get the new oil going through. Just like I told Damian I thought to myself "This isn't my car."

I HAVE done a compression test before. It's nice single double digits instead of 3. ;P I've just never done it that way. Then again, I have a the worst memory ever. The last/first test I did was 3 years ago on ze MSP.

AND..I just asked him how we did it. All plugs were out. My apologies.

Last edited:
OH, and to clear one thing up..

If someone makes a response saying "If it's not your daily, then why can't you just set it aside and fix it." Let me explain to you on my daily. No insurance, not really mine, 90's F150 model that has been tagged (graffiti on the body).

My work commute is 10 miles and it's down a country road. SO, I don't have to worry about the insurance and being totally embarrassed by the graffiti.

Wow the full conversion is a lot of work. A guy local here in rochester had already had the spoiler shaved on his silver GTO, then got in a front end accident on his way to do an emergency surgery, so he ordered up the aussie parts for that.. then changed out the rear badges.

Back