Show me your CX-5 wheels

What do you guys think about this new wheel from TSW? It's rotary forged like the Bathurst/Nuhrburing so the 19" model should come in around 21-22lbs. Font (Rodrigo) - any clue on when these will be available to order? FYI - there's a dark color option as well, matte gunmetal I believe.

TSW Geneva

Terrible photos and I hope to take something better this weekend but wanted to show these. I had really wanted the TSW wheels but they were just not in my price range and thought these looked good, were pretty light, and are less $$$. Thanks Rodrigo and Font Motorsports for answering ALL my questions and giving me a great deal!

Drag DR-37 Wheels
20 x 8.5" ET38
Full Black Matte

BF Goodrich G-Force Comp-2 A/S
245/45-20

Muteki Deep Black Lug nuts 12x1.50

All purchased from Rodrigo at Font Motorsports.

Stock 19" wheels and tires weighed 60lbs each.
New Drag DR-37 wheel with BFG tires weighed 57lbs each
Savings of 3 lbs per wheel.

Looking good and thanks for your biz Kevin!! :)

Terrible photos and I hope to take something better this weekend but wanted to show these. I had really wanted the TSW wheels but they were just not in my price range and thought these looked good, were pretty light, and are less $$$. Thanks Rodrigo and Font Motorsports for answering ALL my questions and giving me a great deal!

I'm being told this wheel isn't available until spring time time next year. Keep your eye on it. :)

What do you guys think about this new wheel from TSW? It's rotary forged like the Bathurst/Nuhrburing so the 19" model should come in around 21-22lbs. Font (Rodrigo) - any clue on when these will be available to order? FYI - there's a dark color option as well, matte gunmetal I believe.

TSW Geneva

volk ce28n 17x9 +22 offset. each rim weighs less than 18lb. oem tire sizing 225/65/17. custom 2" suspension lift but i had 200lbs of tools in the back i was hauling to my job site that day so it appears lower than 2" in the back.

cx5%20cn28n%206_zpsdqdlx1px.jpg

cx5%20cn28n%205_zpswanmxxrg.jpg

cx5%20cn28n%204_zps3r6umynk.jpg

Drag DR-37 Wheels
20 x 8.5" ET38
Full Black Matte

245/45-20

Looks nice! Any more pics?

volk ce28n 17x9 +22 offset. each rim weighs less than 18lb. oem tire sizing 225/65/17. custom 2" suspension lift but i had 200lbs of tools in the back i was hauling to my job site that day so it appears lower than 2" in the back.

cx5%20cn28n%206_zpsdqdlx1px.jpg

cx5%20cn28n%205_zpswanmxxrg.jpg

cx5%20cn28n%204_zps3r6umynk.jpg

Someone finally lifted. Now we have the lows and highs represented here.

Did you get longer struts?

Drag DR-37 Wheels
20 x 8.5" ET38
Full Black Matte

245/45-20

http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu115/250rCRFinSD/IMG0199.jpg[IMG][/URL][/QUOTE]
Is your driver side rear tire rotating the wrong way? They seem to be direction tires.

Is your driver side rear tire rotating the wrong way? They seem to be direction tires.

Good catch! YES I installed the wrong wheel on each side of the rear and had to swap them the day after the photos were taken. I now have an additional 4k on the vehicle since installing the 20" wheels/tires and I'm happy with the way it drives and rides. This FWD setup even worked well in the snow going up a pretty long climb at about 6% grade (guessing) where others were spinning their tires yet I just motored right on by them.

Did you get longer struts?

no, i used original front struts and original rear shocks. if you prefer to extend... you will actually need a different route up front ( 1" thick custom made strut spacer that sandwich between strut top and strut tower, then only a 1 inch spring spacer), and adjustable camber bolts. the reason is because if you allow it to extend further 1 inch the wheels begin to drastically positive camber.

the rear you can create a 1/2" taller shock spacer to allow for extra extension since the studs coming from the body are extra long.

how i know this is because i lifted my mazda3 hatchback 1.5" taller for rally racing in the back roads of mojave national preserve deserts. the mazda3 and cx-5 share nearly identical suspension with minor differences up front as to how the strut is held to the knuckle.

1543960fdc6524667499b1c57565c572.jpg
20480a143a0fc576d1cdea104bc5f60f.jpg

Any chance you might be willing to tell me what you paid for the OEM 19" wheelset? I'm probably going to sell my stock wheels/tires set to clear out some space in the garage and I would like to know what the going rate is? In searching I can only find one past listing on Ebay that seemed crazy high ??

i bit the bullet... they are hard to find... i messaged the seller to text me and he came down a bit. i paid 1200 for a brand new set (tires included)

i sold my 17s with tires for 350... so out of pocket came to 850 with rims and tires.

i bit the bullet... they are hard to find... i messaged the seller to text me and he came down a bit. i paid 1200 for a brand new set (tires included)

i sold my 17s with tires for 350... so out of pocket came to 850 with rims and tires.

Those def look better than the old (corny) oem style but thats close to aftermarket price lol

jqfXtdWoD0fbUARjwf0JJgANazhhQM8GxX2qv5XAjc4HP3zRGacReDYCVkLk5JZyHWh3RLUlAkQiEaQQbnC6rOD0_CGJ8KIUJXnL73xbFW5G21YoHaso9D3Ur5LR5Q2sU-9IdhQt781AkuGonqWwG5bKGV0B9hgWzKND7Jd0LHohsYz0YuwPLiAbHnRRLko-F7FpL5jeAWDh2pPlzPlNr70aPsrF6rqau0ylcMxO_YRvdv5PXhML7m1u7AJ_5YQF_5fhkskqFvgICzRgq7ERr85Vb6luWNO6JeFnVhGAVluFBsC0XbIHMnNMkD9xbT9QxBLR_EwGdxKnIcw8vxZMaZqNDt6n4sKTJfhtMH7jL4E1nLEfsp8ylS3Y1x6kDDscaYc488GOXoItQPZiCb6sLJ4d26caM_drLABtuM2CnKEj6kNhnf7jh8rgjXKt7XknSjYNUTyaPAiOSfymjc9WFRl5C0Mq-igdrF8IremrdRbEwOTL0FxWbkK6JxN9Gx9LZzcFAg2hKqw0YMSHOKB7VcU-TIdzCALYwYAOM8qL6WcW79zNfJjjDdsGcJkXuDGfkAC0zg=w1588-h893-no

bought a set of 18" wheels from a 2015 Mazda 3 GT. Got them for a really good price on Craigslist. The guy took them off at the dealership so they were basically new. I wanted to avoid 19s since I was worried about the ride quality. Plus, it's my wife's daily driver. I like how they turned out though. Saw this on another user's CX-5 and really liked it, so I bit the bullet. Tires and wheels cost me just under $900, which I consider a good deal for a set of OEM wheels. Couldn't be happier. (wiggle)(wiggle)

ninor9, did the tires that were on the wheels work or did you have to buy new tires?

You're asking is the Mazda3 tires are the same size as the CX-5 tires correct? If so then the answer is no. The Mazda3 uses 215/45R18 and the CX-5 uses either 225/65R17 or 225/55R19. The 3's 18" tires have an overall diameter of 25.6" and the CX-5 overall diameter is 28.7". The CX-5 tires are about 12% larger in diameter then the Mazda3's 18" tires so the tires from the 3 will not work on the CX-5. The rims will work but the tires are the wrong size. The correct tire size for the CX-5 using a 18" rim would be 225/60R18. A 245/55R18 would also be able to be used in most cases as long as the rim is wide enough

Back