should I be honest (credit card)

1sty

Contributor
:
2006 Toyota Tundra DC
I purchased a few large items in late December on master card issues by a bank but as a departments store.
No I am not saying which ones.

Anyways, I still have not seen a statement and my online and by-phone balance is $0.00
It should be near $1500.

The funny thing is i used the account once in the store when I applied for it but I never called the activation number on the card.

Am I legally required to let them know about this?
My instinct tell me this is a trick as now I may not technically pay a minimum amount or some s*** and they will hit me witha 20% interest instead of getting it 12 months interest free like I should.

I would call and question it or just wait. Dont spend the money because you know as soon as you do, youll get hit with the charge and have no monies to pay the bill!

If you value your peace of mind, you should be honest about it. But technically, if they keep sending you a bill that reads 0$ for the next 10 years, you don't pay any interest until an outstanding balance with a due date is mailed to you. It is there mistake. The system might charge you the interest automatically, but it can be waived with a simple phone call, plus proof of your statements.

Let it go, keep the paper statements as proof just in case they try to pull some BS down the line. But look at it this way, If you over paid your bill by $1500 for some unknown reason and never caught your mistake you think they would tell you about it?

Let it go, keep the paper statements as proof just in case they try to pull some BS down the line. But look at it this way, If you over paid your bill by $1500 for some unknown reason and never caught your mistake you think they would tell you about it?

True, my gf did this last month and overpaid by 800 bucks. I think she added an extra 0 or something. She phoned the CC company and explained her mistake. They were reluctant to do anything, saying that it will just show up as credit for future purchases, which is not acceptable since she doesn't use that card often.
In the end, they sent her a cheque as reimbursement.

Since it would just show up as credit, they would never say anything about it.

Actually, after a certian amount of time they would have to mail you a check for the credit you would have on the account. If they argued you could just close the account.

Also, with a zero balance you don't get statements so I ordered one online last night and also took some screen shots.

Ultimately it's your call but whose going to win, 1sty or the bank? I'm assuming you signed up for the credit, which represents your legal consideration needed for the contract.

So roll the dice based on your own risk tolerance. But the fact remains you signed up for the credit and obtained merchandise with it.

Are you sure it says balance due is $0 and not that your minimum payment due is $0? If that's the case, maybe it's 0 payments, 0 interest for 12 months or something?

Are you sure it says balance due is $0 and not that your minimum payment due is $0? If that's the case, maybe it's 0 payments, 0 interest for 12 months or something?

The account shows no purchases since 08.

I can see them hitting you up for some nasty interest rates when they discover their error.

My advice? Don't screw with your credit in any way. If I were you, I'd call them today and get this sorted out.

You could also make a small $20 purchase just to see what happens. That also might open up the can of worms and they may find the error. But if you get a bill for $20, and it only shows one purchase has been made, I'd say you're in the clear.

You could also make a small $20 purchase just to see what happens. That also might open up the can of worms and they may find the error. But if you get a bill for $20, and it only shows one purchase has been made, I'd say you're in the clear.

(iagree)

you asked....it's always a good thing to be honest...some day the kid will ask you "dad, you ever take something you know you shouldn't have"?
honesty is a great quaility.... ;)

While I agree honesty is a great thing, think about the countless times us as consumers get effed over... I guess as the saying goes, Stick it to the man...

Back