Shipping A Car Overseas - What Would You Take?

I'm shipping a 2016.5 CX-5 Touring AWD from the USA to Uzbekistan for a few years. It currently has about 31,000 miles on it. Tech and Navigation options, which includes the LED lights.

I'm also planning to send a bunch of oil change kits, a new set of tires, replacement windshield wipers and air filters.

What else should I bring? I'll have access to shipping things from the USA. I'm not quite looking to buy/ship half a car's worth of replacement parts for things that might not go wrong. More to cover myself for regular maintenance and likely small things.

Thoughts? Thanks!

I guess I would try to estimate the miles for the unspecified time frame, and adjust for local driving conditions.

Serpentine belt and idler might be good if you can't buy them locally.

Some Mazda FL 22 coolant and ATF, NGK plugs (@75k mi).

Some things you could check before you leave, like the brakes. If it is dusty there you might take some caliper guide pins and engine air filter as well as brake pads.

I wouldn't take any of that. You can get basic parts from Russia or Kazakstan, if not in country. I'd take a few U.S. only spec parts, assuming there are any outside headlights. You might want to take a few light bulbs. The ATF is made in Germany. Oil is oil.

from what I have researched most different elements in the US model are inside the engine and the radio/tunner. Sometimes the headlights. Almost everything else can be bought from Russia or Europe or even China. Ah and the 0w20 oil is US thing but I wouldnt bother much and use good 5w30.

Back