Service Bulletin FIX USB playback and SMS Bluetooth!!! NB1/TOMTOM ONLY ('12-15')

Saw my 2015 CX-5 Touring isn't on the list, but I've connected multiple different usb drives to the USB port and it's never picked up from last song and always defaults to the first song on the drive. Anyone know if this replacement would cover that or am I just boned?

Sidenote- about 20% of the time, my bluetooth/usb doesn't light up on the touchscreen display and I have to turn the car off then back on to get it to work. Would venture to say that something's wrong with the bluetooth itself, but not sure.

Where did you see that it's not on the list? The TSB says "2013-15 CX-5" - why would that not include your car?

Just got my car back from the dealer and the issue is FIXED!!!! (nana) finally! I called, emailed and wrote to Mazda about this and I am glad they listened and figured this out, now I can say I love my CX-5.

Just got my car back from the dealer and the issue is FIXED!!!! (nana) finally! I called, emailed and wrote to Mazda about this and I am glad they listened and figured this out, now I can say I love my CX-5.

Define fixed. Can you shuffle music? Does it resume where you left off? Does it work for both usb and bluetooth?

Where did you see that it's not on the list? The TSB says "2013-15 CX-5" - why would that not include your car?

Sorry, long day since I had just gotten my CX5 back the day before on a technical service notice on squeaking shocks and saw only the 2013... That'll learn me for not reading the "-15" as through 2015 model.

Please don't let this be a dream... I NEED THIS FIX! Who knew something as simple as not having a stereo continue where it left off would make you go insane.

Please don't let this be a dream... I NEED THIS FIX! Who knew something as simple as not having a stereo continue where it left off would make you go insane.

Just called mine 2 secs after my last post with the model # to order, and the tech service bulletin # and they were like, "oh, you just had your oil then shock/strut replaced with squeaking. This was a problem too?" Um, yeah, it's been a problem for the last several model years and I knew about it and was waiting for this. They ordered it after they confirmed the service # and I have me a new module coming in next week, gratis. Can't wait.

People who already has the update
1. does the folder system works from usb.?
2. Does USB 3.0 works with the new module?

Last edited:
not for free, says in TSB only covered under the mazda limited warranty.

Not for nothing, but this better not be the case. We shouldn't get penalized for Mazda dragging their feet with a fix. Not like this is a mileage-specific problem.

Hey guys, does this fix only affect USB playback, or bluetooth as well?

We have a new 2015 CX-5 and my wife pairs her iPhone to it via bluetooth. It takes something like two minutes to connect every time we start the car, and much of the time it starts playing the first alphabetical song on the device. It'd be great to get a fix for this.

Thanks!

I use an IPod Classic in mine and it takes a long time to load and every time you start the car it goes back to the first song alphabetically. Does the TSB fix this?

So my dealership called a few moments ago advising that the module has arrived. So i will go in on Saturday this week to get it replaced.

How many of you people in the US have just called your dealer/mazda hotline and had the part ordered for you over the phone, without having to go to the dealer first & having them verify the issue, then ordering the part, and forcing you to go back a second time for an install?

How many of you people in the US have just called your dealer/mazda hotline and had the part ordered for you over the phone, without having to go to the dealer first & having them verify the issue, then ordering the part, and forcing you to go back a second time for an install?

I did. I just emailed my dealer requesting that they order the parts - no questions asked, no fuss

It just depends on the dealer....

I did as well, just called them up and read them the TSB over the phone. Part was ordered for me right away no questions asked.

I had my dealer order the part last week over the phone - just needed my VIN #. Got it installed this morning and resume on USB works! Dealer gave me a printout with information on the changes. Also performed an update of the head unit, but I am not sure what that did. I have been waiting since Jan 2013 for this fix.

Good to hear USB issues are resolved.

How about some of the phone issues? My iphone over bluetooth doesn't display phonebook names (just numbers) or texts. Never been more than a minor issue, but it'd be great if these worked too. Also, how about any voice command improvements?

Not sure about voice command improvements - one minor change which is negative in my opinion is that the pickup button no longer gets you to the voice dial menu. Instead, you to press the voice menu button which goes to the top level and you have to say "phone" first.

I briefly attempted receiving a text message today but the system did nothing. Not sure if I need further setup. I have an iPhone 6. I did have to re-pair after the dealer updates.

One other minor negative - if you were shuffling the USB stick before you stopped the car, when the song resumes, shuffle is disabled. It's amazing how this stuff gets by quality control.

I am attaching a scanned PDF of the printout that I received today which has a bit of information on text messaging.

If anyone else has more info please let us all know.

Attachments

• Mazda Bluetooth Changes.pdf
    130.2 KB · Views: 692
Not sure about voice command improvements - one minor change which is negative in my opinion is that the pickup button no longer gets you to the voice dial menu. Instead, you to press the voice menu button which goes to the top level and you have to say "phone" first.

I briefly attempted receiving a text message today but the system did nothing. Not sure if I need further setup. I have an iPhone 6. I did have to re-pair after the dealer updates.

One other minor negative - if you were shuffling the USB stick before you stopped the car, when the song resumes, shuffle is disabled. It's amazing how this stuff gets by quality control.
Could you try something? The PDF you attached says that if you're playing a playlist from an iPod, the resume won't work. Can you try (and report what happens) if you're playing a playlist from a USB device? Will it resume?

Overall, it sounds like "2 steps forward, 1 step backwards." Not perfect (or even close), but still better than the original...

thanks
Gary

Could you try something? The PDF you attached says that if you're playing a playlist from an iPod, the resume won't work. Can you try (and report what happens) if you're playing a playlist from a USB device? Will it resume?

Overall, it sounds like "2 steps forward, 1 step backwards." Not perfect (or even close), but still better than the original...

thanks
Gary

When I posted the TSB, I never expected it to fix iPOD USB playback. I assumed it was for MP3s off a USB Flash Drive.
The TSB also doesn't mention iPods, just music playback off USB.

Back