Poll Seriously considering the Mazda CX-50?

Are you seriously considering a CX-50?

• Yes

Votes: 34 42.0%
  • No

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • Just considering…

Votes: 11 13.6%
  • Waiting to see the CX-70/90 etc…

Votes: 22 27.2%

• Total voters
This is a very interesting vehicle, especially in hybrid or PHEV configuration. Hopefully, they don't use the CX-5 seats because that's about the only thing that would stop me from buying one.

After seeing the CX-60 spy photos this morning, I’d definitely prefer to replace my CX-5 with that than the CX-50. I’m hoping Mazda decides to offer the CX-60 in the US after the CX-5 is discontinued. The CX-50 just isn’t for me.
The CX70 will be the next larger offering over the CX50

Cx60 is about same width and length as X3, Q5, RDX, NX and other cars in this category.It seems strange Mazda would make bigger version for USA market when other carmakers don't see need to do that with their cars.

Is there any info on the hybrid model other than it was mentioned at the press release? I imagine we won't see it until '24 model perhaps? We have a 2014 CX-5 and we were just going to upgrade with the latest model but we drive a lot so hybrid would be amazing. Don't mind waiting another year, but would like to know if it is next year that we'll see it.

I’m staying with the cx5. The 50 is really a different animal. The cladding is not what I like anyway, and given it a stiffer ride, (and for a reason), a bit noisy too….it’s out for me. I’m running across the country’s highways and biways now and more of a comfortable ride is key!

@bazooka joe So you have taken a test drive in one Mark? Our local dealer had a couple on the lot so I took Tam up to view in person. We both really like it from the outside, it was a Premium Plus in PMG with terracotta seats (which Tam wasn't crazy about). The lease on our CX-5 is up next August and as of today the CX-50 is a contender. Trying to talk her into doing a test drive now so we can see if it will stay on the list vs. waiting until the end of the lease.

No ride, sat in it…. My friend does YouTube car reviews, he took it for a couple of days and did an extensive job reviewing it, I’ll send you the link.

I was thinking about the 50 but not anymore. In my book there's just not enough difference, improvement, over our 19 Signature 5. Kinda bummed.

I was thinking about the 50 but not anymore. In my book there's just not enough difference, improvement, over our 19 Signature 5. Kinda bummed.
It is very different than the CX-50. Other than the obvious infotainment system and functional similarities.

I have a 2023 CX-50 Turbo Premium Plus for reference and have driven the CX5 Signature enough to know the differences.

Interesting piece of information for canadian folks interested in buying a cx50. I am at my dealer in GTA and it seems that the wait period to get a cx50 is 1-year if you place an order now. It seems that either they are not producing enough or is a big demand. My gut is a combination of both. However I don't know who is actually waiting 1year to get a car, especially a regular suv.

Just did a quick search.
Among 7 dealers near me... (SF bay area)
142 CX-5s and 61 CX-50s.
*including those in transit*
Maybe the 1-yr wait time is specific to certain region.

1668096736289.png

Back