Second Service - Issues!

Shniest

:
White AWD GS w/Leather/Nav/Remote Start
Just touching base if anyone has experienced these issues. My CX-5 goes in for its second service this week and on top of the regular service i have a few issues.

1) Heated Seats work intermittently. Some days don't work at all...others they work for about 10 mins then quit.
2) When i press the lock button on my remote i may or may not get the parking lights to flash. If i press a second time i again intermittently get the horn or lights. Some days worse than others and some days it work normally. Either way its frustrating to walk away from your car and press the lock button and get no indication if it even recognized you pressed the button and locked the door.
3) I need someone to verify this but when you turn off your CX-5 it usually unlocks all the doors... for some reason some times when I do this the rear hatch doesn't unlock only the 4 doors. Also sometimes when i unlock the car by pressing the unlock button twice it also doesn't unlock the rear hatch. I have to hitting a few more times until it unlocks. However should the rear hatch unlock as well when you turn off the car?

Im thinking maybe the rear hatch mechanism is the issue as it could cause both the unlocking issue and the locking issue im experiencing on the vehicle as it wont properly lock or sound the horn if a door is open. But doesn't explain the heated seats....

Maybe i just need the CX-5 service pack 2 installed to fix my "bugs" ... :S

I created a daily log and have submitted it to the dealership to investigate when i drop off the vehicle later this week. Hard to diagnose given its unstable nature working one day and not working the next...

Otherwise i still love my CX-5 just hate having issues!

Can't comment on the first 2, but for the 3rd question, I believe the hatch can be unlocked only when you put the gear to P.

It sounds like there's a programming issue. The personalization options in the manual says all the door locks and tailgate should unlock at the same time.

You might have a poor battery in your remote, do both remotes work the same way?

You might have a poor battery in your remote, do both remotes work the same way?

Yeah both remotes the same... im leaning to a possible hatch mechanism issue which could be the root of the hatch and locking issues... an the heated seats are possibly just a secondary issue altogether. They were katzkin'd afterwards so maybe the dealership messed something up with the heaters?

Good news however the locking issue was no where to be found yesterday everything worked normally... of course this is how it will function when i drop it off!

Service came and went.... of course everything worked 100% before and just after the service... however the next I lost my seat warmers again.... sigh...

I had the smart key in my 2010 Mazda 3, which worked exactly as I expected for 3 years. I find that the Smart Key in my 2013 CX-5 malfunctions (or misbehaves) no less than once a day. I use the walk-away locks feature, and sometimes it fails 5 times in a row, then starts working again. So far today it failed twice on me.

I'd recommend keeping a log every time it does not do what you expect, and report it to Mazda every time you bring it in. I ask Siri on my iPhone to "make a note" and what happened so I have the date and time. I just started a log in Google Docs yesterday, I'm still filling in from various notes all over the place: http://www.cxfail.com/2012/12/technology-package-malfunctions.html

Latest posts

Back