Seat Heater, Heads Up Display Memory

rondre

:
2019 CX-5 GT Reserve
Just bought my wife a 2019 CX-5 GT Reserve coming from a 16 mazda6 so lots of similarities. In the 6 my wife would leave the seat heaters on and when turning the car off and entering the next day (or later) the seat heater would be at the same setting as before. In the CX5 it always goes back to being off. The heads up display is a new feature for us but my wife's not sold on it so turned it off, but it always comes back on.

I can't find anywhere that might be a setting related to these and according to the owners manual on the seat heater at least it should be going back to whatever the last setting was. I talked to the local dealership and the service department had no clue about it (or pretended not to) and the salesman is "looking into it". Has anyone had this experience and more importantly know how it can be "fixed"

Thanks,
Ron

I dont think there is any setting to automatically maintain seat heating/cooling. I think most modern cars will reset many of the electronically controlled settings like this on each startup (does it to the brake hold too, which annoys me).

Nor the HUD, however if it really bothers you, you could 1) turn the HUD brightness all the way down, 2) use the HUD positioning setting to move it out of your field of view (theres a relatively small area that clips outside of it), or 3) rig up a little insert with black cardboard or something that sits inside its hole in the dash and blocks the projection.

Excellent suggestions for the HUD. Altho it might grow on her.
Interesting about the seat heat, because my 17 does retain the last setting.

My 18 retains the heated seat settings also. Don*t have the hud on my gt as huds give me really bad motion sickness , so I wish they had a setting to permanatly turn it off also. If I had it.

Your 18 retains seat heater settings? Thats weird, my 19 turns it off (as well as seat ventilation) every time I turn the car off. Why would they change that?

My wife initially didn't like the HUD. She now really likes it, especially the fact that it shows you the speed limit of the road you're on.

Our seat heaters always revert to "Off" after a restart, as others have stated.

My wife initially didn't like the HUD. She now really likes it, especially the fact that it shows you the speed limit of the road you're on.

Our seat heaters always revert to "Off" after a restart, as others have stated.
19? If so, that's 3 19 owners reporting the same thing. Apparently a new "feature". I would actually like this since I found out the heaters come on even if no one is in the seat. In my Saabs the heaters had a pressure switch so they only worked if someone was sitting in them. Technically they should last longer then?!?

Seat heater setting stays on my '17.
I can understand some might not like it. It is personal.

For HUD, we just set the height so that my wife and I can both see it just fine.

So actually pulled out the owners manual this weekend and sure enough - seat heaters turn off now (had been reading the online one). Apparently the hud is tied to the seat memory but I haven't tested that as well. My wife is getting used to it and didn't realize the brightness could be turned down so should all be good, but bummer about the seat heaters for her. They also turn off automatically after 90 minutes now as well - didn't used to do that (far as we know at least), but she's a seat warmer in the summer kind of gal - i'm an air conditioned seat in the winter kind of guy - thank god for dual climate control :)

Appreciate the repsonses all!

Canadian 18 GT with Tech here. Seat heaters remain on when the car is restarted. Heated steering wheel does not turn on when restarted.

19? If so, that's 3 19 owners reporting the same thing. Apparently a new "feature". I would actually like this since I found out the heaters come on even if no one is in the seat. In my Saabs the heaters had a pressure switch so they only worked if someone was sitting in them. Technically they should last longer then?!?

It seems to be a work in progress, different in 16.5, 17, 19. I'm pretty sure my passenger seat won't heat if the passenger airbag light is illuminated. My wife always leaves it on, but it doesn't feel hot when she's not there.

For me that's the best solution. Maybe other 17 drivers can confirm that behavior.

oh the seat heaters remaining on, when restarted was the best feature!
especially if you have remote start.
So does this mean the steering wheel heater also remain off after restart?

2019 GTR here. Seat heaters and steering wheel heater does not auto start after shutoff. Too bad as that would be a great feature. Wife's Pacifica van - seat and steering wheel heaters come on automatically when starting, if the outside temp is 32F or less.

It seems to be a work in progress, different in 16.5, 17, 19. I'm pretty sure my passenger seat won't heat if the passenger airbag light is illuminated. My wife always leaves it on, but it doesn't feel hot when she's not there.

For me that's the best solution. Maybe other 17 drivers can confirm that behavior.
I didn't think they turned on unless it senses someone in the seat. I was told that's wrong. At least in my car. I still believe they don't. They would heat faster after warming the car up if true, and they dont.

2019 GTR here. Seat heaters and steering wheel heater does not auto start after shutoff. Too bad as that would be a great feature. Wife's Pacifica van - seat and steering wheel heaters come on automatically when starting, if the outside temp is 32F or less.

well at least the HVAC still remains on after restart right?

Yes, set to whatever you had it on when you shut down. If below 32F, it would be nice to have remote start also send the HVAC system to the defrost setting and turn on the rear defrost. Oh well, small issues really................

well at least the HVAC still remains on after restart right?

Yes, set to whatever you had it on when you shut down. If below 32F, it would be nice to have remote start also send the HVAC system to the defrost setting and turn on the rear defrost. Oh well, small issues really................

yes for sure 1st workl issues =P haha

I don't get the heated seat memory requirement. Usually I scale down to two bars after ten minutes, and turn it off by the time I've gone 20 or 30 minutes, so it wouldn't come on again anyway. Besides, I have a garage, and rarely need the heaters when leaving the house. Do people really leave them on indefinitely, without your butts getting too warm?

Back