Scion TC Ques

Why does almost everyone in this thread think that the MS3 is gods gift to cars? Dont get me wrong i love mine but i know its not nowhere near the best. You guys are just too cocky just like the SRT and cobalt SS/redline guys.

http://www.dragtimes.com/Scion-tC-Timeslip-4223.html

2005 Scion tC 2 Door Coupe

1/4 Mile ET: 12.592
1/4 Mile MPH: 111.120
1/8 Mile ET: 8.147
1/8 Mile MPH: 87.460
0-60 Foot ET: 1.949

Mods:

Engine: 2AZF-TE
Turbos: GARRETT GT35R BALLBEARING
Boost Control: Turbo Smart E-Boost
Boost Pressure (psi): 13psi
Intercooler: Scion Speed 3
Headers (downpipe): Scion Speed
Midpipe: Scion Speed
Exhaust: Scion Speed Dual
Computer ECU Chip Upgrade: Stock/SDS EFI
Battery: Spiral Cell
Spark Plugs: NGK #8 Iridium
Fuel Pump: Walbro 255lph
Clutch/Torq Conv: Clutch Masters Twin Disc
Differential: Phantom Grip
Flywheel: Clutch Masters Aluminum
Shifter: TWM Short Shifter
Suspension: Tein Coilovers Electronic Adjust
Wheels: 19X8 PIIA Super Rozza
Brake Rotors/Pads: Wilwood 6 piston calipers 13
Tires: Nitto

Ive heard the phrase it might be a srt4 but at the end of the day its still a neon.

And in all truth the Scion Tc with all the mods probably comes close to the same price as the MS3 a little over but they start at around 17k where the MS3 is at 22 and good luck getting one out the door for less than 25. so pour in the money to the lil toyota and you have a car thats better in the insurance companys eyes and is fast enough to spank a lot of cars out there.

still not my style but hey it takes all kinds. As far as MS3 being gods gift to all cars it simply isnt, its just his gift to the hatch world.

The reality is that ANY car, and I dont give a damn which one, that is produced to produce 170 hp will not sustain an increase to 300 hp with a BAJESUS of modifications. Even if the engine can take it, the tranny wont, or the axle wont, or the cooling system wont, or the fuel pump wont, or the clutch wont.

So here is the real test: If you have a stock Mazdaspeed3 and you want to judge it against a modded car, race it 5 times in a row. I promise you that the modded car is gonna be hurting if even capable of finishing all 5 races.
An off the shelf turbo system is almost never comprehensive enough to make a car really sustain that power increase. Nor is it usually installed correctly and backed up by a proper EMS.

Why is reliability so easy to outright ignore for increased power?

Using the previous example of the civic and ferrari
The Ferrari will run a 1/4 mile or 4 mile course all damn day. The Modded civic will not last half the day.

true the modded car may not if the mods are done only to the engine a wise car owner looking to beef up thier car will do things to the components that hook that engine power to the wheels so in contrast to that if its done right it just might outrun the other cars.
And on that note dont expect the Tc with the TRD supercharger to outlast an MS3 ever, they arent intercooled so the air going in is always hot, hot, hot. and even though that motor is strong it sure as hell aint that strong.

Unless we are talking tens of thousands of dollars, no one does what it takes to make a car solid for mods like a turbo that doubles the cars power output. Most everyone just fixes crap as it breaks. The reason that the TRD system does not have more power is because the car cant take it. The engine...nothing else can. Also with Toyota selling millions of cars a year based on their reputation of reliability, they are not going to compromise that reputation.

ehh torque dampners some axles and a clutch/flywheel upgrade will keep you in the race. the engine will need to stay fairly stock so true not to much boost can be made cause stock internals wont handle it. but 300 hp out of the scion with the mods listed above will be a long runner. its still ugly though

ehh torque dampners some axles and a clutch/flywheel upgrade will keep you in the race. the engine will need to stay fairly stock so true not to much boost can be made cause stock internals wont handle it. but 300 hp out of the scion with the mods listed above will be a long runner. its still ugly though

LOL they are still ugly. (upyours)

Back