Scion TC Ques

Hypnotized

:
03.5 MS Protege-Gone 07 MS3
Guys i was in a discussion today with some car people at work today and I they said that a modded Scion TC with a blower etc etc can give the MS3 a run. I doubted this at first but after further dicussion it sounds like that car has the potential. Does anyone have friends with one that can clue me in? Im just curious because I dont hear much talk about this car at all.

Well with the supercharger it's 205bhp
our car is 263bhp we win ... also I think both cars weigh the same.

But I have heard that the engine is almost bullet proof therefore if you turbo charge the car some guys report getting close to 300 WHP

again this is only "what I heard".

yes it has the potential, theres one that was featured in a magazine not to long ago, was pretty sick, and it was turbo'ed and supercharged
sick sick SICCCKK!!! 2.4 liter engine with that on it? prob blow past the MS3
but just a blower or turbo prob pretty close, the scion weighs more then the ms3 i belive so that might be a factor

I trust no one with after market turbos and superchargers. They seldom stop at that. Usually when someone puts that much money and time into something, they go all out.

Well the particular car we were talking about has a supercharger, pulley, header, exhaust plus ecu.

my brother has a 07 tc and with a 75shot he is car and a half behind me. Those things are a ok with me. BTW his mods are I/CBE/Pulley/75shot. Pretty nice but i only paid 5k more for my car.
TC weighs 2900LBS
Speed 3 3150LBS

Last edited:
I thought we would get more power with modding the MS3 then the TC. Just wanted to see what everyones thoughts were.

I know someone with a Garret T3/4 turbo setup, and it won't get out of its own way. It got whooped by a stock saturn redline ion.

I thought we would get more power with modding the MS3 then the TC. Just wanted to see what everyones thoughts were.

You could take a supercharged one easy. My brother said the TRD supercharger is junk they only run high 14s to low 15s.

the autotragic tCs making even less to the wheels than the manual ones. i read somewhere a guy dynoed at just under 130 or something with an auto.

I thought those cars had good internals. I was guessing low 14's on a moderately modified one.

Why is it that videos showing 12 second cars are well over a minute long?
I don't need to see you stage or burn out... 15 seconds is fine.

You could take a supercharged one easy. My brother said the TRD supercharger is junk they only run high 14s to low 15s.

+1. On another forum I frequent, one of the members has a tC. He said he was gonna go the full TRD route...till he learned that with the TRD Blower it can barely break 15s, LOL!

what's up guys i wrecked my 05 scion tc last jan which is why i got the ms3 but these are the mods i had on the car and what it ran
trd supercharger, NST 65mm pulley, trd springs and struts, hotchkis front and rear sway bars , trd axel back exaust , apr front splittler
14.57 was the fastest 1/4 mile time i got heres a few pix of the car & supercharger

Attachments

• mine.jpg
    mine.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 117
  • supercharger 004.jpg
    supercharger 004.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 140
Its BULL, My friend has one. With the TRD super charger. It currently makes about 215 Whp. its fast but a cobalt ss with a tbe and a smaller pully has beat it silly. it wont give the MS3 a run through the twisties either the underbody is a toyota Celica which isnt that stiff. Oh and they arent intercooled out of the factory either, you better believe that thing gets HOT the supercharger is hotter to touch than his header but that thing is heat wraped.

AH he doesnt have tbe forgive me its a full exhaust though from the new header back.(thats the ss, i know both owners)

Last edited:
boo, it's a centrifugal blower on the tC. lame. do the tCs run the 1ZZ-GE engines or the 2ZZ? The 2ZZ-GE with a PD blower would be like a backwards Exige.

Neither, the tc uses the 2AZ-FE I4 from the ol' camry. The new corolla xrs is gonna use that engine too.

The zz engine family is run in the corolla, matrix, celica and mr2-s.

There are some mr2-s's out there with 2zz engine swaps and rotrex superchargers. They are NASTY. they'll destroy an elise/exige without blinking an eye.

Back