SavageGeese review of 2016 CX-5

:
2016 CX-5 AWD Touring
Funny but also brought out most of the important points of why the CX-5 is designed so. LOL when he proved the superior of a manual lift gate. Love it!

You know, I watch the videos posted on this site early in the day at work and it makes me want to leave early and go out and drive. Thanks for posting, much appreciated.

While some of the presentation is a little corny, the driving impressions portion almost exactly duplicates my feelings about driving the CX-5. You have to spend a lot more to get as solid a driving experience and even then the more expensive CUV might not be as engaging. I came from a BMW 328i (and a 325e before that) and truly enjoy driving the CX-5. Can't say the same of the Rav4 or CR-V I test drove. It's not a sports sedan, but it certainly mimics a sporty sedan's driving characteristics better than anything in its class.

So true on the manual lift gate... I realize some want and need this for various reasons. Years down the road I won't be complaining about the failed motor in that area of vehicle. I may be replacing the lift struts but that is a different matter.

I enjoyed this review - reaffirms my purchase. A power lift gate is certainly a nice feature, but having one on our Odyssey and already hearing it make some odd sounds doesn't leave me wanting for it in the CX-5.

So true on the manual lift gate... I realize some want and need this for various reasons. Years down the road I won't be complaining about the failed motor in that area of vehicle. I may be replacing the lift struts but that is a different matter.

agreed. Initially I was a bit disappointed that it was one of the only in the category that didn't have one, but after using it and using my moms q5, i enjoy the manual more.

I feel his review is very true. I like watching him drive using the manual portion of the automatic transmission. I still haven't used this on my new sexCX5 but I will. It was funny how the auto mechanic just seemed to take as many little pot shots as he could. It sounded like savagegeese schooled him.

I'm subscribe to the guy's youtube channel. They both drive very good, very good friend I guess! They're just making fun.

Good review. One POV that I strongly agree with that I thought I was the only one who felt this way is the current trend by all manufacturers to use unpainted surface on the bumpers and by the wheels. 10 years ago unpainted surface meant you opted for the lowest trim line within a model, and that was only available on the entry level vehicle of a manufacturer.

Good review. One POV that I strongly agree with that I thought I was the only one who felt this way is the current trend by all manufacturers to use unpainted surface on the bumpers and by the wheels. 10 years ago unpainted surface meant you opted for the lowest trim line within a model, and that was only available on the entry level vehicle of a manufacturer.
Maybe it's because I owned one but one of the first cars to make unpainted plastic body panels cool imo is the Honda Elephant I mean Element. I like the look of the unpainted plastic trim on my cx5.

On my last vehicle(08" VW Rabbit), I have painted the rear bumper, the front chin and I have installed GLI skirts and painted as well. On the CX5 it looks nice, but I'm worried that it will look gray, in a couple of years.

On my last vehicle(08" VW Rabbit), I have painted the rear bumper, the front chin and I have installed GLI skirts and painted as well. On the CX5 it looks nice, but I'm worried that it will look gray, in a couple of years.

There are many products you can use to keep it looking good or restoring it to original condition.

Back