San Antonio/Corpus Christ Mazda Meet

Vote for Month/day/time/location

• Total voters

SpeedE

Wondering if you guys would be interested in meeting up half way. How bout Beeville or George West. I can map out a cruise, too. Let's start a head count with a poll. I was thinking either a April-June on a Saturday or Sunday would be best for most people. Make it a day cruise, meet up between 1100-1500? I'm pretty flexible, so I'm good for all of the above, hahaha

Where: Beeville or George West (37 & 59 intersection, not IN George West)
When: April-June
Day: Saturday or Sunday
Time: 1100-1500

I'll start the head count (once we get a confirmed date, I'll be adding a few locals that come to our meets that aren't on the boards, at least 4 cars, hopefully more)

1. SpeedE

Last edited:
Here's what I've mapped out, I call it "The Big Dipper Cruise" ahahaha, I'm retarded. Anyway, I figured we can meet at the 37 and 59 intersection (not necessarily IN George West), cruise to Beeville, then up to Kenedy, stop and eat some BBQ at The Smoke House. (I think that's what its called, I gotta make sure it's still there) It's been a few years, but last time I passed through there, it had the funniest sign that said

"Thanks -n- Cum Again" Spelled just like that!!

From there we'd cruise to Three Rivers, and all depart back to our home towns.

From San Antonio:

BigDipperCruisefromSanAntonio.gif

From Corpus Christi:

BigDipperCruisefromcorpus.gif

Hello? Am I replying to myself?? hahahaha.

Ok San Antonio folks, I just came back from an unscheduled cruise meet here in corpus, and here's our head count. These guys pretty much say they're a definite.

1. SpeedE
2. Warlock2X (Laser Blue MSP)
3. Andrew (MX-6)
4. Sean (Vivid Yellow P-5 "the zoom-zoom car" hahaha!)
5. David (New proud owner of a '06 Velocity Red Mica MS6)
6. James (Tungsten Gray Mazda6)
7. Rat (Montego RX-7 FD)
8. Corey (Red RX-7 FD unsure)

All of the above cars can be viewed on our photo albums on our Myspace page at:

www.myspace.com/smacc361

well i just finished off my tank today at 366.5 miles

Total miles for SA guys is approx 249 miles. Of course, that's coming from downtown San Antonio according to mapquest. So if you live further north/northeast/northwest, it might be a bit more.

if its after school i would love to come to this

Saturday or Sunday, you should be good. Unless of course you mean after this semester, then we'd need to plan for June.

If you guys are serious, go ahead and vote when/where/time would be best for you. If all apply, as mine did, vote all. Once we get more interest from ya'll up there, I'll go ahead and set up a definite agenda. I'm gonna cruise it this week and see if that restaurant is still open, and has that sign, and also scan a pic of the sign. It's hilarious. LET'S DO IT!!!!!

Last edited:
Hell yeah!! I need to PM JDM Sam to coordinate this around the Texas meet, as some of us plan on attending that as well. But go for it, if you can round up a couple Houston Mazda's, that'd be cool, too. Although, your mapped out cruise wouldn't look too much like "The Big Dipper Cruise" hahahaha!! J/K!

Hell yeah!! I need to PM JDM Sam to coordinate this around the Texas meet, as some of us plan on attending that as well. But go for it, if you can round up a couple Houston Mazda's, that'd be cool, too. Although, your mapped out cruise wouldn't look too much like "The Big Dipper Cruise" hahahaha!! J/K!

Im down for this.. when will the exact location, date and time be set?

i'll roll out with ya, ya'll just let us know when this things gonna happen.

I'd really like to see this happen the end of May, have everyone meet at the 59 37 intersection, of course it'd be closer for you Houston guys to meet in Beeville, but it's up to you guys. I'll go ahead and set it up before the end of this month. I still need to get with JDM Sam to see when the Texas Meet is.

Ok everyone, here's the deal. I cruised up to the BBQ place I mentioned in Kenedy, and I can make a reservation for the meet. The only thing that sucks is that sign I was talking about blew down last year due to a twister. The place is still there, and they've got some great food.

It's called:

Polak's Sausage Farm Restaurant!

830-583-2113

^^That's still pretty hilarious.
Ask them if they still have the "Thanks N Cum Again" sign. hahaha

I figure SA/Corpus meet at the 59/37 intersection (unless you wanna make the extra drive). Then we'd meet the Houston people in Beeville at the 181/59 intersection at the Motel 6. Once I set a definite date, I'll edit the first post with exact time/date/meeting info.

Also, there's a brand new Super Wal-Mart in Kenedy. I was thinking that'd be the best place for a group photo.

Last edited:
Looks like May is the winner, I'm gonna check with everyone's schedule down here, and set a date before the end of the week, probably 3rd or 4th weekend of May. Those of you that voted Saturday, would Sunday be a problem, or more of a preferance?

Back