Safeguard

Hey man, I am having a problem with my knock sensor, I tried testing it by tapping on it, and I am not getting any signal. Do you have a part # for the sensor, or can you get one from somewhere, or maybe from John?

should be hard to damage the sensor. It is a bosch sensor and the part numbers should be right on it. You just have the regular two wire one correct? Little doughnut thing? It's best to go direct to John for a single part like that takes a long time and adds a bunch of cost if I get it for you unfortunatley.

Thanks,

Steve

That's what it looks like. I'll have my mechanic go over it, maybe check to make sure the wiring is good and everything.

You have to disconnect the vac line to the unit in order for the light to flicker and also has to be revving above 1300rpms.

if your connector broke or went missing, you can use a subaru knock sensor pigtail... it comes with a new subaru knock sensor (not sure if the sensor itself will work with the J&S, but it is the same style sensor even though it is not a bosch)

Thanks John!

I'll let you know what we find. Should come out of the garage to go see the mechanic sometime later this week. If we can't diagnose the problem here I may be in contact with you to see if you can help.

I have a new never installed j&s safeguard for sale here if anyone is interested.

This is the two/three/four channel unit.

Back