Running boards

:
2017 SRC CX-5 GT + Premium
Why haven't I see pix with running boards? Every time I get out of my Mom's Edge, which doesn't have them, I do kind of a double-take with my foot. After 10 years with them (and on the Tacoma), I can't imagine going without.

Anyone here have them on their CX-5?

I saw some a while back in a thread. I seem to remember they were for looks only, which makes them seem rather pointless.

Why haven't I see pix with running boards? Every time I get out of my Mom's Edge, which doesn't have them, I do kind of a double-take with my foot. After 10 years with them (and on the Tacoma), I can't imagine going without.

Anyone here have them on their CX-5?

Running boards are to assist with getting into the vehicle are they not? I can get into my CX-5 perfectly fine without them. 5'10". Plus I'm not tying anything down on the roof so no need. The only thing I can see using them for is when I'm wiping down my ride after a car wash as its a pain to wipe down the hood and roof. But I'm not going to drop that kinda money where a $10 step stool can do the same thing. =D
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Gorilla-...ol-with-300-lb-Load-Capacity-GLP-1S/206618097

I saw some a while back in a thread. I seem to remember they were for looks only, which makes them seem rather pointless.

I may have posted them but they are not running boards - just to protect the plastic which is there to protect the car lol.

Running boards are to assist with getting into the vehicle are they not? I can get into my CX-5 perfectly fine without them. 5'10". Plus I'm not tying anything down on the roof so no need. The only thing I can see using them for is when I'm wiping down my ride after a car wash as its a pain to wipe down the hood and roof. But I'm not going to drop that kinda money where a $10 step stool can do the same thing. =D
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Gorilla-...ol-with-300-lb-Load-Capacity-GLP-1S/206618097

The heavy duty ones where you step on them to get in are, sure. They also come in handy for wiping feet clean before getting in. Mostly I'm used to them being a little extra leverage while I get in and out. It's a habit thing... but not something where I step up onto them to get in or out of the car. I'm 5' 10", so I have to fold myself up a little bit to get in and out - and I've just gotten accustomed to having that little ledge there to help position my legs while I pivot to swing out (I do NOT just "step out" like models do, when getting out of a limo at the red carpet, LOL!)

The heavy duty ones where you step on them to get in are, sure. They also come in handy for wiping feet clean before getting in. Mostly I'm used to them being a little extra leverage while I get in and out. It's a habit thing... but not something where I step up onto them to get in or out of the car. I'm 5' 10", so I have to fold myself up a little bit to get in and out - and I've just gotten accustomed to having that little ledge there to help position my legs while I pivot to swing out (I do NOT just "step out" like models do, when getting out of a limo at the red carpet, LOL!)

I'd like one for the fact I wash the car and I'm constantly needing to move the step stool around. That said those things are expensive so its more exercise for me.

Back