Rota Slipstream fitment?

Ty07allstar

:
03 Protege ES
Once I get the money I will be picking up a set of Rota Slipstream's. I have a stock Protege ES, but I will be lowering it some time in the future. What would I have to do, if anything, to get 15x7 +40mm to fit with 225/50/15 tires? Also what kind of lugs would I need. Links for lugs and maybe spacers would be awesome. Thanks

i ran 15x6.5" +40mm slips for autox with 205/50/15 kumho v710's. they fit pretty flush to the fenders but i had no rubbing as my suspension was stiff when running autox and the sidewalls were relatively short. 225's might be pushing it depending on the tire.

i didn't run a spacer and the stock lugs were useable with a thinner wall 21mm socket (i.e. not an impact socket) but i got some 19mm "acorn style" cheapie lugnuts that were slightly longer than stock for easier mounting. the stock lugs fit pretty deep into the wheel and the socket rubbed the inside of the lug holes so it was pretty annoying. they use a 60degree taper style lug.

034.jpg

141.jpg

143.jpg

pics don't really show it all that well but you get the idea. sold them so i can't get more pics. i am also dropped 1.3" on h&r springs.

Back