RockBlocker Smoked Tail How-to

Hey folks, We have put together a little how-to guide for the Sedan Mazda 3 owners. No worries hatch you are next which applies to the Speed3 folks as well.

We are currently having an incredible priced sale in the Marketplace on these.
Click here
If you have any other questions please feel free to let us know. The photos are the 20% Smoked Tail Light kit. We have a darker version 35% Dark Smoked. The difference is that the 35% is almost twice as dark and you cannot see the red of the tail during the daylight unless braking.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

This kit will fit the 2004 - 2007 Mazda 3 Sedan Models. We just used an 07 to put these photos together for you.

As a note there might be bubbles left behind after the install depending on how well you squeegee and apply it. Give it at least a week then if you still have some bubbles pop them. If you have more than 4 please pull off and reapply asap. Leaving them can cause it to get ugly. Depending on the weather and installation you are doing. You might have some trimming to do. Film cuts rather easily

If you have any questions please let us know.

its a great product, however was ther ever one written for the p5? i couldnt get it on for the life of me, and i ended up taking them off because of the bad fitment. it was wrinkly and bubbly and whatnot.

Here are my RockBlocked tails... it took some stretching and stuff, but I got them to work... Looks great though... have them on the head lights and fogs as well as the reflectors as you can see on the bumper.

DSCF3327.jpg

DSCF3331.jpg

DSCF3328.jpg

Those look great on your car zoom.. What are those, 20%? They need to make one for the 3rd brake light.

Those look great on your car zoom.. What are those, 20%? They need to make one for the 3rd brake light.

Thank you sir! lol

They are the lightest ones that RockBlocker has on their sites. I wanted the most light output for their dark tints. So it's the lightest of the two available. That'd be nice for the 3rd brakelight. They'll probably make one soon, if not later.

Hey ZooMIN3, did your outter tail light film appear to be to short to fit? I bought some for the rear tails and the inners fit perfect but the film for the outside looks like it's about an 1 1/2" to short from top to bottom. What's your take on this?

How much for these shipped to Brampton, Ontario, Canada? 35% tint for a 07 Mazda3 GS Sedan

Do these fit the '08s correctly?
Also does anyone have a picture of the 35% installed?

Yes they fit the 04-08 tail light kits on the 3's. They are the same. Please visit our gallery for colors and shade choices. The gallery is the best bet.

The Dark Smoked is almost twice as dark as what you see pictured here

Sorry we are not since not everyone is willing to sand off the little lettering that is on them to make a smooth and successful seal.

The outer tails on the hatch you have to stretch them over that high ridge of the light. If its not warm out then please heat them up a bit for easier install time.

Hey ZooMIN3, did your outter tail light film appear to be to short to fit? I bought some for the rear tails and the inners fit perfect but the film for the outside looks like it's about an 1 1/2" to short from top to bottom. What's your take on this?

Hey Silverspeed, sorry about the late reply... everytime I visit, the threads are bold, showing someone had replied... and I didn't see this one bold, only that it had like 14 posts or something already.. lol

To answer your question, yes, the outer rear taillight didn't just fit perfectly. I had to use my wifes hairdryer to get it to stretch and fit properly.... even then, it was a PITA to get it on there successfully. But I was able to get it done. It helps to have someone else there to help heat up the film while you stretch the film. Hope you had no issues.

-J

Does anyone make this tint kit for the tail lights on an 03 protege5? I've looked on every website I can find and all I see are headlight and foglight kits but no tail lights.

Latest posts

Back