Right Wrist pain from using the Infotainment knob

Status
Not open for further replies.
:
CX5
Anyone develop right hand tendinitis from overusing the knob for the CX-5 2019 mazda Infotainment system? I developed a lot of pain after driving 6 hours a few month ago and my Friend had the same problem after buying a mazda6 recently.

What function were.you using so often during the 6 hour trip that caused the pain? Radio? Navigation? Hard to imagine any need to be twirling the knob that much to create pain.

I was using it to call friends, click apps, and find places on my gps

Sounds like a lack of mobility/flexibility... simple stretches

Gooogle I suspect there are existing issues with your wrist that just happened to surface while using the Mazda infotainment. Are you using your computer mouse correctly? Are you sitting at your computer correctly? Have you tightened lots of screws recently using that wrist? Also, did you drive 6 hours continuously and not take a break? If you did not take a break then you cannot blame the control system Mazda uses.

A year ago at the end of this month when I bought my CX 5 I still had stitches in the palm of my hand from a recent carpal tunnel surgery. It took a couple of weeks until I could even do something as simple as twist the cap off of a water bottle.
But I never experienced any pain or discomfort using the command knob even during the first few days of ownership and getting all the features set up the way I wanted them.
The pain the OP experienced may have had something to do with if and how he was resting his wrist on the center console and twisting the knob. It certainly doesn't take much strength to rotate it so the muscles or tendons may have been irritated just from the way the knob was being manipulated.

Definitely the first complaint in many years I have ever heard of, either for the right wrist for LHD or for the left wrist for RHD.
Luckily, you have another option, you can also just use the voice command button so that you do not have to move your hands from the steering wheel or bother moving your damaged wrist.

Last edited:
Really, I had some "carpal tunnel" when I started playing piano. When I started stretching my wrists for getting into vertical bodyweight movements (handstands and such) it went away

No. As a young boy I had a vigorous workout regimen that prepared me for overusing my wrists.

ROTFLMAO.gif
ROTFLMAO.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back