ride

new tires, road forced balanced!! I know what your saying, these puppys aint no Ford LTDs!!! You got vibrations, or you just feeling the bumps too much?

The suspension is stiff. It's the nature of the beast. Make sure your tires are not over-inflated is the free mod/first step.

i have new tires dulers. i thought maybe something like air ride like an older continetal . lol

Sometimes mine feels a little too soft when landing a big jump like this one.

243e9ef75441b2fa307fb76430d2945f.jpg

CX-5 has stiffer suspension to give you better handling, I think it does fairly well except those small and odd speed breakers that rental properties tend to have. If you want to soften then tires would be first, but it would hit your mpg.

Mine has even stiffer suspension, for even better handling. :)
A couple of weeks ago I was given a loaner CX5 and that road very nice and soft. It all depends on, what do you compare it too.
You may come from a Tahoe or similar, big and soft ride, then you of course will complain about stiff ride, but if you come from a lower Civic, then this ride feels plush.

Last edited:
For me, the answer was new tires.My touring had the yoko g91a 17" factory tires.Replaced with General altimax rt43H which softened the ride enough to be comfortable with a small hit in handling but no hit in mileage.Don't know what the 19" toyo's ride like so maybe someone else can chime in an help you.

A Sporty Mazda CX-5 is stiffer than Luxury LEXUS.
Bridgestone Duelers are Stiffer tires?
19 inch wheels have shorter sidewall than the 17 inch.
WHAT PSI you running?

I don't think they market a sport GT in the US. If you have 19 inch tires (Duelers are stiff truck/suv tires) get a set of 17 inch rims and put Pirelli P7 s on them or Continental True Contacts and run the air pressure a couple of lbs lower than speck. It will mush around a bit more on corners but the tires will take in a lot of the bumps and ride more like the RX330 that you are used to.

Back