ride to cure diabetes

ms3guy22

Hello mazdas247.com,
Attached is RIDE TO CURE DIABETES, its from a person that is very near and dear to me. I'd appreciate any type of support possible, even if you just copy and paste it into another forum.
If all you can afford to donate is .50 than send it! The donations will go to straight to JDRF, it never goes any where else. The only thing we get is a e-mail saying that money has been sent.

Thanks once again.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RideRGB.jpg

To my friends and family:
IMG_1854.jpg

Type 1 Diabetes is a devastating, often deadly disease which strikes suddenly and lasts for a lifetime. If not well maintained, diabetes may lead to kidney failure, blindness, heart disease, stroke and amputation. Diabetes affects millions of people world wide. What is most concerning to me is that a large and growing percentage of those people are children. Insulin keeps people with Type 1 Diabetes alive, but it is NOT a cure.
I was diagnosed with Type 1 Juvenile Diabetes 14 years ago, just after my 10th birthday. I am insulin dependent and use an insulin pump which is connected to me 24
hours a day, 7 days a week, to help me manage my disease. I am now 23 years old and have recently moved to Colorado Springs, Colorado, where I am working as the Special Events Assistant with the Colorado Springs Branch of the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. Working with JDRF has made it more apparent to me that I cannot just sit around and wait for a cure; I need to be proactive and help support the research. By being actively involved, I am helping JDRF support its mission to find a cure for diabetes and its complications. Through this, I hope to one day to live free of the disease.
For the past two years, I have participated in the Walk to Cure Diabetes. This year I have picked up a road bike and plan to take part in the Ride to Cure Diabetes with members of the Colorado Springs Branch of JDRF. The ride, which ranges to 105 miles, is held in five locations: Burlington, Vermont; Lake Tahoe, Nevada; Death Valley, California; Tucson, Arizona; and La Crosse, Wisconsin. I will be riding in Tucson during the weekend of November 21st, which is part of the University Medical Center's 28th El Tour de Tucson, one of America's largest bicycling events. I will be going the full distance of 105 miles. The training will be very strenuous, but I am looking forward to the challenge. I will be training with my teammates from the Colorado Springs Branch of JDRF and a nationally renowned cycling coach, who has volunteered his time to help get us ready to ride.
This year, my goal is to raise $5,000 for the JDRF. I have written this letter to seek your help in reaching my goal. I would deeply appreciate it if you would please HELP me reach my goal of $5,000. It is only with your help that I will be able to raise funds to participate in this event and help find a cure for diabetes.

Here is how you can help me make a difference:
Send a tax-deductible donation (all checks should be made payable to Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation or JDRF)
Make a donation directly to me at, http://www.ride.jdrf.org
You can join the Ride to Cure Diabetes! Register online at http://www.ride.jdrf.org
Send a tax-deductible donation (all checks should be made payable to Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation or JDRF) Make a donation directly to me at ride.jdrf.org You can join the Ride to Cure Diabetes! Register online at ride.jdrf.org
There is good news; a cure for Type 1 Diabetes is within reach. The JDRF funding and its leadership are associated with most major scientific breakthroughs in diabetes research. JDRF funds a major portion of all Type 1 Diabetes research worldwide, more than any other charity. The cure is within our reach.
I want to thank you in advance for all your help and support. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Yours truly,
Lauren Spiliopoulos
3710 Sinton Road, Suite 220
Colorado Springs, CO 80919 Lauren.spiliopoulos@gmail.com
RideRGB.jpg

Back