Rico's build thread.

Picked up a 1.8 coil conversion kit
Thanks to bikingpro5

bb57f3b6.jpg

Last edited:
Not too sure I know my coils are old and overdue and I think that's y I have a cell code so got these because they relocate the coils to the front of the valve over for a diff/nicer look on the valve cover in my opinion. Plus for the price on the full kit with the bracket and Ngk wires I could not let it pass !

But have read less heat on the coils always better so that is one of the benefits too I guess

Egr valve replacement came in along with 1.8 coil pack relocation set up

Thx

So today tried to change the egr valve and that was a failure me or the bro could not find a way to get those two bolts off :/

Cleaned the tb ended up needing a new gasket for it there was only half if one when u took the tb off..

Then added the rings finally

9ce7776d.jpg

Pretty much what jt Posted in just waiting on a vc like his from him lol..

Jt what did u do with the metal bracket with that one sensor that used to b right where the 1.8 bracket is at now ?

Hey jt I have a few questions on a few sensors/hoses on the bay ima take pics of them today and shoot u a pm if it's okay with you..

if i take out the little black can for i guess whats the egr system and the hoses out of it is it going to cause the car to run funny? trying to figure out what are simple things i can remove of the bay to make it look a little cleaner. after working on the car this weekend i noticed that damn these mazdas have alot of wires/hoses on the bay everywhere kinda scary if you ask me. not even my cobalt ss had to many lines/ etc lol. kinda scares me to mess with the engine bay in the p5 lol.

if i take out the little black can for i guess whats the egr system and the hoses out of it is it going to cause the car to run funny? trying to figure out what are simple things i can remove of the bay to make it look a little cleaner. after working on the car this weekend i noticed that damn these mazdas have alot of wires/hoses on the bay everywhere kinda scary if you ask me. not even my cobalt ss had to many lines/ etc lol. kinda scares me to mess with the engine bay in the p5 lol.

a/c delete, cruise control delete, egr delete, etc

Pretty much what jt Posted in just waiting on a vc like his from him lol..

Jt what did u do with the metal bracket with that one sensor that used to b right where the 1.8 bracket is at now ?

Hey jt I have a few questions on a few sensors/hoses on the bay ima take pics of them today and shoot u a pm if it's okay with you..

send away, i also have a few hints/tips for you to hide a few things/wires and clean things up as you go.

no no a/c stays as my daily and here in tx! lol and cc too. egr delete is what im really trying to find out about

send away, i also have a few hints/tips for you to hide a few things/wires and clean things up as you go.
cool will do today after work

Back