Reverse Glow Guages

blzrd

:
2002 Protege ES
I have always been in love with reverse glow guages. I was exited when I got my 2002 protege, but I was dissapointed when I could not find any reverse glow guages. The closest I found was ahttps://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)These look very close to my guages, but the hole for the odometer is too small because I have the digital one.

Where can I get a set of reverse glow guages for a 2002 protege?

Thanks

Last edited:
I already searched ebay and came up with nothing. And if you don't reccoment installing them, what am I supposed to do? Just glue them to the front of the dashboard?

lol. That tickled my funny bone.:)

Those look bland. I don't want the whole face to be reverse glow. I just want it like the picture I posted.

I just had an idea though.....

Do you think I could take the middle guage from this picture below and the left and right guages from the picture in my first post?

RIG-357.jpg

I love photoshop. I deceided to make the guages how they will look in my car if I can do this.

02protegereverseglowab5.jpg

I superimposed the glow guages onto the mp3 picture that you suggested I buy. Take a look. It looks as though all the holes line up properly... Do you guys think this could work?

guagesoverub8.gif

One of my favorite mods but you have to take it easy on this one. You might break a needle. I used the slide in technique.

I don't know if it fits :S
I would take a look to a 95-96 protege gauge and compare before you do anything.

DSCN0733.jpg

DSCN1788.jpg

The seller's name is d1performance but ebay says he no longer registered :S

Please read these threads for reference:
http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showt...ndiglo+install
http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showt...hp?t=123652840
http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48154

Last edited:
Thanks for the links. Lots of usefull information in there. I think the reason that d1performance isn't registered anymore is that there were some people that were opening up disputes through ebay. Found them talking on another forum about him not refunding shipping or something even though it says in the auction that he won't refund shipping. And it was only like $5.....

I have emailed them through the yahoo email address listed in the auctions though so hopefully they would be willing to sell me a set. Yours looks beautiful.

Also my brother works at ebay. I am going to have him look at the account and see if he can find out why they are no longer registered.

blzrd said:
Thanks for the links. Lots of usefull information in there. I think the reason that d1performance isn't registered anymore is that there were some people that were opening up disputes through ebay. Found them talking on another forum about him not refunding shipping or something even though it says in the auction that he won't refund shipping. And it was only like $5.....

I have emailed them through the yahoo email address listed in the auctions though so hopefully they would be willing to sell me a set. Yours looks beautiful.

Also my brother works at ebay. I am going to have him look at the account and see if he can find out why they are no longer registered.
on that link that I posted they have all sorts of designs that you can play with, along with graphics and logos. It also has it so you can change from EL to reverse EL and even see what it looks like at night.

but they don't have all the stuff that I want. Just the numbers.....

I want all that other jazz that chicoloco's cluster has on it. Do you have a picture of what one of those actually looks like lit up?

blzrd said:
what colors were they? I will fill it all out and see if it isn't so borring.
you can change from green to blue. You can also do custom graphics and logos. They also have it where you can do checkers, flames, and other backgrounds.

blzrd said:
I mostly like the bright circle around the middle of the dial. Can they do that?
I dont see that. checkered on the whole face, but not just center. Im gonna get mine from there with the Mazda logo on tach and PROTEGE 5 on the speedo.

reynoldsrobbie said:
I dont see that. checkered on the whole face, but not just center. Im gonna get mine from there with the Mazda logo on tach and PROTEGE 5 on the speedo.
give it a custom one off look!

Back