Reverse Cowl Gemini Hood...

To paint-match or not, that is the question!

• Just paint Titanium part Silver, like Rush

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • Restore Full CF

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Restore CF middle, paint opposite Silver, like coperspeed

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters
:
03.5 MSP
as some of you may know, i have Rush's old CF hood on my Titanium MSP, as pictured here:

PHood4.jpg

i'm keeping it for my Sunlight Silver MSP, but i'm unsure of what i should do with it.

should i paint the titanium part sunlight silver? should i restore it to full CF? or should i paint it the opposite way, like coperspeed's, but silver?

Untitled-1jpg05-3.jpg

I have a feeling that coperspeeds style wont work unless you have a black roof also. Seems to flow nicely with the color style on his. Honestly i think the silver msp would still look best with the stock hood and not the CF hood. But thats my personal opinion as in not too big on CF hoods, especially if they change the shape of the hood.
Photoshop a few pics of it with the stock hood in different color patterns, should give you an idea.
But my vote is stock hood for a super clean look on your super clean, and extremely rare sunlight silver. sell it to me! i wont change the hood :) i feel like silver just shows off the stock lines way too well.
but i am working out a deal for the fd, hopefully i can snag your titanium soon ;)

but i am working out a deal for the fd, hopefully i can snag your titanium soon ;)

i'm keeping the silver hood too, for winter mode. CF will go on in the spring time.

& i'm actually buying an OEM titanium hood for mine tomorrow, so good news for you since you like the OEM look!

Clearly, Rush had better taste than everyone who responded so far... the way she did the hood is the best way it can be done.

I have a feeling that coperspeeds style wont work unless you have a black roof also. Seems to flow nicely with the color style on his.

Agree 110% although I do think restoring the entire hood to CF is definitely the way to go.

i think i'm sticking w/ the current style, just making the titanium part sunlight silver... it's the cheapest option as well.

Gonna do the matching CF eyelids as well?

god no, i hate eyelids... always thought they were one of the stupidest looking things people put on their cars. falling behind only body kits, chrome wheels and fender inserts

edit: oh, and altezza tail lights

Last edited:
god no, i hate eyelids... always thought they were one of the stupidest looking things people put on their cars. falling behind only body kits, chrome wheels and fender inserts

edit: oh, and altezza tail lights

Haha couldn't agree more! Only car I can tolerate with eyelids are SRT4's. As for the altezza's, only cars that look good with them are the ones that come stock (i.e. Lexus IS500).

Back