Replacement Struts

ssilipino

:
2008 Mazda# Hatchback S
Hey everyone! First post/thread here.

I need to replace my rear struts on my 2008 Mazda3 Hatchback sport. My brother and his car club guys (FocalJet/Fiesta Faction) are going to be helping me do the physically replacement, however, I would love input/recommendations from you on what struts I should purchase. I'm working on a budget of about $150.

Any products you could recommend, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Scott

Not sure if you've already replaced them or not. You can find KYB shocks for about $35 each on rockauto. Replacement is pretty straight forward. Remove the bolt at the bottom, two nuts at the top, remove and reinstall the new ones. Remember to get an alignment afterwards.

Tokiko blues are a good replacement aswell not too pricey, I got mine for my ae86 back 3 years ago and did not disappoint at all I was on Tanabe gf210 springs. I recently bought a full set on eBay for my mazda3 $133 only!
I'm soon to be lowered on Eibach sportline springs! :3

Last edited:
"Remember to get an alignment afterwards."

Changing rear shocks will not change anything relating to wheel alignment. The only alignment adjustment for the rear is toe in/out.

Clifton

Is there a specific part number for the front and rear shocks i need to get to purchase a set?

Rai

Back