Removing side molding

P5Rydah

:
02 Midnht Blue P5
Has anyone tried to remove the side molding? I would love to do it, but I didn't know if there are holes underneath? And is it just held on by adhesive?

Use fishing line or a few lines of floss to remove the sides. Once one edge is loose you can just peel it off. There is an adhesive on the other side, which can come off with some elbow grease and Goo Gone. Do it on a warm day or use a hair dryer to warm up the adhesive.

Use fishing line or a few lines of floss to remove the sides. Once one edge is loose you can just peel it off. There is an adhesive on the other side, which can come off with some elbow grease and Goo Gone. Do it on a warm day or use a hair dryer to warm up the adhesive.

How does it look underneath? Do you notice lines in the paint? My car had pinstripes on it when I got it and you can still see where they were if you look closely. Luckily I do have an uncle who owns a body shop, so I can have them try to buff it out if necessary, but I'd rather not have to if I didn't have to. He stays pretty busy and I just hate to bother him for stuff like that if I can do it at home.

There might be noticeable marks, it really depends on the condition of the paint among other things.

if you have a steady and patient hand, a plain razor works best with goo-gone.

Tried this today just took the lil strip off the fender cleaned it off with goo gone just to see what it looked like.Looked pretty good but took too damn long to do that lil piece so I put double sided tape back on that piece and put it back on the fender lol.

If you use floss to get the edge going you can get it removed really quickly. Just slowly peel it along and it comes right off, quick and painless.

If you use floss to get the edge going you can get it removed really quickly. Just slowly peel it along and it comes right off, quick and painless.

I know I got that part down packed.I'm talking about the sticky stuff take's way too long to get it off so for now I just gave up .+ don't think the cold help's I'll prob give it another go during the summer.

No side moldings:

4056040751_6b224a152d_o.jpg

4056040713_b7b50a0724_o.jpg

hmm now im undecided about this removal. like it does look good on yellow, but i know my paint isnt the best (sucks being second owner sometimes). but since i know my paint blows, i probably wont do this cause i'll have horrible fade lines. now if i get a new paint job...

I had, no joke, probably 6-7 different shades of yellow due to fading on my p5 when I got it. Car spent its entire life in lancaster btw.

I did a full paint polish session with a few different 'grits' of polish and it all came back to the same color. I bet if you took it off and you had fade marks you could get it off due to the single stage paint we have.

hmm now im undecided about this removal. like it does look good on yellow, but i know my paint isnt the best (sucks being second owner sometimes). but since i know my paint blows, i probably wont do this cause i'll have horrible fade lines. now if i get a new paint job...

I am the 5th owner of mine...and have put double the miles the other 4 put on it already...

3m Eraser wheel>Adhesive remover. I need one to remove my moldings and pinstripe.

Never heard of that...I pretty much soaked the pin striping/door moldings in this stuff and they rubbed off...

Back