Removing Dealer add-on (2023 CX-5)

Bought a new 23 CX5 PP on Friday for my daughter. Dealer mentioned add ons such as tint and door edging and I told them I did not want to pay for these items and it was no trouble getting removed.

We struck a deal on Friday afternoon and they delivered to my house on Friday evening.

This morning I get an email about my “Lo Jack” pin and to create an account.

Apparently the dealer had installed this as part of the add ons and never mentioned.

I would like to remove it. I figured they would have installed using the ODBC port but does not appear so.

Any ideas where to find this thing? Any concerns with leaving alone?

If you have it included at the price you paid, why would you remove it? In the unlikely event the car is stolen, it is nice to have. I don't know anything about the full capabilities of Lo Jack, but with it being your daughter's car, it could come in handy as well.

I would contact the dealer and see if they can tell you how to remove it. I'd assume they wouldn't want to tell you though, just based on the nature of the LoJack and what it's used for. If anything, you can ask them if you can schedule an appointment to bring the car in so that they can remove the LoJack for you. Be aware that they may try to charge you for this though.

Apparently the subscription was paid for 3 years per the account status. I just don’t trust it being on the car…..
Why wouldn't you trust it? Are you afraid they will track you? I don't think it's "active" unless you report the car stolen, then cops can find it. Although with all the deception in today's world, who knows?

just don't create an account. I just googled lo jack because I have no experience with them but it said they can not disable your car only allow the police to track it if it is stolen. if you google lo jack and hit images you can see what it looks like so should be easy to find. probably under seat or dash or hood.

Why wouldn't you trust it? Are you afraid they will track you? I don't think it's "active" unless you report the car stolen, then cops can find it. Although with all the deception in today's world, who knows?
It is very much active. It is logging her driving habits, her speeds, where she is at all times etc.

Just see it as “big brother”.

I think they use for finance and recovery reasons personally.

It is very much active. It is logging her driving habits, her speeds, where she is at all times etc.

Just see it as “big brother”.

I think they use for finance and recovery reasons personally.
I don't think this is the case at all. I would do some research as it is not what I understand about Lo Jack at all.

That being said, the factory installed computers in the CX-5 do likely data log things in case of warranty claims for engine issues, etc. Big brother is already in the car from the factory...

I don't think this is the case at all. I would do some research as it is not what I understand about Lo Jack at all.

That being said, the factory installed computers in the CX-5 do likely data log things in case of warranty claims for engine issues, etc. Big brother is already in the car from the factory...
Big Brother is also in your phone. I think @jadmt nailed it with recovery in case it is stolen. If financed through the dealer, it may be required by the lender.

I was referring to arranging financing with the dealer not from your personal bank, etc.
No, they just get a kickback from the bank they use. They're not interested in tracking their customers. When they do install a tracker, it's usually to track their inventory and then they try to enhance their profit margin by selling that service to the buyer. That said, it's usually not a LoJack, but a no name device.

Not even sure why LoJack is a thing on modern Mazdas? The Mazda Connect app allows you to find your car - whether stolen or not - any time you want.

Plus, Mazda Connect also does the Big Brother thing of tracking your every move.

Imuna just go with some of what was said about the tech already in the car.......car can be tracked, logged and hacked for that matter. Lo Jack is probably the lesser of concerns. Thankfully, my other 3 vehicles are nannyless and non-hackable. They have tech enough just having my fon with me. Their purpose in life being reliable transportation is what matters most.

I would do apple air tag hiding instead of lo jack if you wanna track it yourself.

Latest posts

Back