Remove cup holders

redsky

:
CX-5 Manual
Hi,

I have a personal distaste for cup holders. I never use them and I hate when people come inside my car with any kind of drink or bottle. I would like to re-purpose that space in the center console.
Has anybody else seen anything that can be fit there? The main goal is just to remove the access to the cup holders, but if the space can then be used for something else, even better.

Thanks!

If you need a spot to mount your phone you can take up one slot with this...

907213p.jpg

I am going to go out on a limb on this one and just say... you don't have a lot of friends, since you describe your car occupants as people... time to lighten up and enjoy life a bit more. If you remove the cup holders... then you should fill the door panels, since hey they can hold things... and fill the trunk with Styrofoam peanuts because others might want to store stuff there...
Don't even get me started with the extra chairs... they could hold people...maybe it's time for a motorcycle since you can ride solo? Or at the biggest stretch a MX-5
Hi,

I have a personal distaste for cup holders. I never use them and I hate when people come inside my car with any kind of drink or bottle. I would like to re-purpose that space in the center console.
Has anybody else seen anything that can be fit there? The main goal is just to remove the access to the cup holders, but if the space can then be used for something else, even better.

Thanks!

My husband and I keep our wallets and phones in the cup holders, no re-purposing necessary. I've also found that telling people, "You're not getting in my car with that. Good luck finding a ride" works as well.

My husband and I keep our wallets and phones in the cup holders, no re-purposing necessary. I've also found that telling people, "You're not getting in my car with that. Good luck finding a ride" works as well.

Now that is a good answer

(shrug)Lol what when I lived in Germany for a while many cars didn't even have cup holders. I rarely use my cup holders for drinks as I usually eat and drink at a table not at the drive thru in my car

Thanks for the answers!

Try this.
2rqh7nr.jpg

This is actually not a bad idea! Thanks!

I am going to go out on a limb on this one and just say... you don't have a lot of friends, since you describe your car occupants as people... time to lighten up and enjoy life a bit more. If you remove the cup holders... then you should fill the door panels, since hey they can hold things... and fill the trunk with Styrofoam peanuts because others might want to store stuff there...
Don't even get me started with the extra chairs... they could hold people...maybe it's time for a motorcycle since you can ride solo? Or at the biggest stretch a MX-5

Thanks for telling me how I should live my life :) I am always open to liberal discourse that is only tolerant of people who are tolerant of everything else, like messy cars.
But I am pretty light, I just don't like drinks or (god forbid) food inside my car.

That's actually what I do, I just would like to optimize it. The organizers seem like a decent idea for start.

Not quite, but sensational anyway :)

Cup holders

Nothing fancy, but you could just keep a black plastic cup in a holder and use it for pens, gum, keys etc. so you don't get the little cubby under the stereo scratched up or dirty. The cup can always be washed easily when it gets dirty.

Thanks for the answers!

This is actually not a bad idea! Thanks!

Thanks for telling me how I should live my life :) I am always open to liberal discourse that is only tolerant of people who are tolerant of everything else, like messy cars.
But I am pretty light, I just don't like drinks or (god forbid) food inside my car.

That's actually what I do, I just would like to optimize it. The organizers seem like a decent idea for start.

Not quite, but sensational anyway :)

I use my cupholder as a gun holster, open container drinks have always not been allowed in my cars... btw shouldn't this post be moved elsewhere this is an audio section

I suppose one could put a 12x12 magnetic sign on the passenger side door that says " NOT DRINKS OR SNACKS ALLOWED" :))

Do a image search for "cup holder organizer for car" or a ebay search and you will find a lot of options.

BTW I added a cup holder to my 68 SAAB (I made it from a spray paint cap) You chose to remove them from your car, OK It's your car. Your business, Enjoy.

Back