Remove center Dash trim [PROBLEMO]

Flav

:
2002 Mazda Protege 5
there's a How to on the removal of this piece.
and there's 6 white clips that need to be removed, holy s***.
seriously cant even get a hold of these bastards.
anyone have any suggestions? or ran into this problem as well?
This is pretty much the last piece with the exception of my headliner that needs to be done in my interior.

so a small message to whoever made those white clips..
(fu)
LOL.

If you speak of the radio surround, tilt the vents down, get a decent grip where they were, and pull.

no need to take out those white clips? or will they just pop out with ur idea?
i'll have to try this tomorrow morning when i can see what im doing :)

thanks in advanced though

Search? In order for you to remove the trim piece you need to disconnect the A/C Cables in the rear.

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5354581&postcount=3

Right, but the trim piece can be partially pulled out with those still attached. For the OP, the mechanical cables have to be detached at the far ends, where they terminate at the white plastic control wheels. Tie a string to the far ends so that you can see how to route them back correctly when you reassemble. Do that wrong and you will have climate control problems.

Once the trim is part way out unhook all the electrical cables near the top. Then the whole assembly can be pulled free. Well, the shifter may be in the way, but you can move that.

Riiiiggghhhttt................(dunno) would you like.....

Cigar.png
pancake.jpg

bong.jpg
BLITZBLINTZ.jpg

Last edited:
i could go for the last one.. haha

and uh.. yeah, got the trim off and painted.

the how to for this, the guy say's to use a flat head screw driver to pop off those white tabs, so that's why i was having trouble. thanks to azuelke for the great idea of just popping it out (bowdown)

Back