reliable?

bradboyd80

:
'12 Velocity Red MS3
I'm going to be checking out an 07 RWD Sport in a little while. Can anyone tell me if there are any "common" issues to look for? I did some scouring among the CX-7 section but the problems seem to be all over the place and most are related to AWD and GT. I did see something about the EGR and door sills. I will be asking about all the TSB's to see what's already been done, but am wondering if there are any other problems I may find myself in after I buy. Sorry if I didnt research enough, but I'm a bit short on time because I've got a bunch of other things to do. Go ahead....call me lazy. Thanks to those that can help!

Knowing what I know now, I'd avoid the the 2007. I have LOVED mine, but there are some big issues, even if a little uncommon... one of them being complete engine failure (timing chain) at 60K-80K miles. There's a recent recall on AC issues and I lived through that BEFORE the recall and it would have cost me $1200 to fix had I not fought like the dickens with Mazda. Pre-owned turbo cars have a tendency to be beaten on a bit more, so I'd only consider what you're looking at if it's certified and they are giving you a good warranty.

Hate to be a downer... like I said, I've LOVED the CX-7... just don't be lazy and do your homework.

yeah, the main problems have been fixed by TSBs.

Smoking turbo
dirty sills
Purge valve

also, there is no RWD cx7. only FWD or AWD. just an FYI if that wasn't a typo.

I haven't had any major issues w/ my '07. I've had the typical fuel cap / neck issues fixed and not come up again but other than that, knock on wood, my '07 has been trouble-free with 42k on the clock.

Back