Red and black stains on parchment leather

First post and do not see a duplicate for this issue. I left 3 12 packs of Cokes on the back seat. Someone (will not name her) left the window down and it rained. When I took the out much to my horror there are stains. Any help on how to remove, what to use, should it dry first would be most appreciated. In emergency mode.

Pictures would greatly help. But always start with less abrasive like a microfiber towel and work your way to magic eraser.

Pictures would greatly help. But always start with less abrasive like a microfiber towel and work your way to magic eraser.

I'd personally do this. Try a microfiber towel and a mild detergent/water solution, like Woolite. If that doesn't work, try an alcohol free all-purpose cleaner (test in a small inconspicuous area first). A magic eraser would probably work, but you have to be a little careful with them as they are abrasive.

I wonder if those citrus based solvents like 'Goof Off' would liquify the ink? That stuff seems pretty gentle.

I tried to use a magic eraser on a stain on a leather ottoman and it made it much worse. I've had great luck using hairspray to remove ballpoint pen ink from leather couches, so it might work in your situation (spray it on the towel, not directly on the leather). Good luck.

Magic eraser might work. As far as leather cleaner that always makes me scratch my head. I'm not sure what a specific 'leather' cleaner would do, as these seats are plastic coated leather, as are most mid-range cars. Maybe a spray wax/detailer with cleaning properties. I use my Ultima Waterless Wash Plus+ for so many things around the car and house. As a note, I would recommend it for anyone to use as their regular interior and exterior.

Last edited:
Back