Rear Wiper arm "home" position adjustment?

:
2009 CX-9 Touring AWD
May be a bit fussy, but I've always hated how my rear wiper arm does not return to a fully horizontal park or home position. It comes to a stop at approx. 3 or 4 degrees above horizontal. Every time I see a CX9, I check this and have noticed that the older the model, the more likely it does in fact return to 0 degrees horizontal. Ive taken the arm off when I last changed the wiper blade refill but couldn't figure out if there is an adjustment for the park position. Anyone else notice this or have successfully remedied it? Thanks.

Anyone else noticing this?

looks right in 2007
2008.jpg

...and all goofed up by 2013
2013.jpg

My 2010 looks like the 2007. Funny thing is that I always thought it was too low and have been trying to make it look like the 2013. Go figure.

To my knowledge, no, you can't feasibly change the starting and ending position.

Mechanically, if the wiper motor is the same as what I've seen in other cars, it goes in a circular motion so it's impossible to extend its motion range. The only way would be to re-position the motor itself (not the wiper arm) where it sits within the molding by x number of degrees but then I've not seen the inside of the cx-9 liftgate so it'd be hard to say if the plastic/metal molding is set or if its just lining up the nuts and bolts. Either way, I'd say it's not feasibly possible.

Last edited:
Back