Rear Wiper arm "home" position adjustment?

:
2009 CX-9 Touring AWD
May be a bit fussy, but I've always hated how my rear wiper arm does not return to a fully horizontal park or home position. It comes to a stop at approx. 3 or 4 degrees above horizontal. Every time I see a CX9, I check this and have noticed that the older the model, the more likely it does in fact return to 0 degrees horizontal. Ive taken the arm off when I last changed the wiper blade refill but couldn't figure out if there is an adjustment for the park position. Anyone else notice this or have successfully remedied it? Thanks.

:
2009 CX-9 Touring AWD
Anyone else noticing this?

looks right in 2007
2008.jpg

...and all goofed up by 2013
2013.jpg

:
2010 CX-9
My 2010 looks like the 2007. Funny thing is that I always thought it was too low and have been trying to make it look like the 2013. Go figure.

:
'12 cx-9 gt
To my knowledge, no, you can't feasibly change the starting and ending position.

Mechanically, if the wiper motor is the same as what I've seen in other cars, it goes in a circular motion so it's impossible to extend its motion range. The only way would be to re-position the motor itself (not the wiper arm) where it sits within the molding by x number of degrees but then I've not seen the inside of the cx-9 liftgate so it'd be hard to say if the plastic/metal molding is set or if its just lining up the nuts and bolts. Either way, I'd say it's not feasibly possible.

Last edited: