Rear suspension noise...Rubber boot loose and brittle

:
2013 CX5 GT
Hi,

I just noticed a different noise from the rear recently. When i checked. I saw this rubber boot on the shocks being loose. Seems like it got brittle on the top part already. Should I replaced it immediately?

365A912A-F9CE-46E5-8E44-D4481EBACCC1.jpeg

Looks bad and there is rust on the shock tube, so I think you need to consider new shocks. But I doubt the loose rubber would be loud enough to notice. I'd suggest you jack the car up and grab and try to wobble that wheel. If it moves, something is worn or broken, and you'll need to find out what.

Hi,

I just noticed a different noise from the rear recently. When i checked. I saw this rubber boot on the shocks being loose. Seems like it got brittle on the top part already. Should I replaced it immediately?

View attachment 310727
Yea, new shocks probably are due. That rusty thing is normally a shiny chrome piston rod. That rubber thing is referred to as a 'jounce bumper'.
You know the front stabilizer bar link that is pictured in your other post, well guess what, there are 2 of them (they're shorter) also on the rear stabilizer bar that is tucked up underneath and they ain't that easy to access like the front ones. Not saying they are the cause of the noise you're hearing but want to make you aware.

Thank you everyone for your response. I have already ordered the shocks. Wondering if its safe to drive it this way for the meantime while waiting for the parts.

Back