Rear strut bar installed

XxaltezzaxX

:
02 WRX, 03 P5, 96 legacy
So yea I finally got around to installing it :D
DSC00269.jpg

DSC00271.jpg

DSC00272.jpg

I'll clean up the holes I made this weekend but until then, they look like caca :(

Sweet! I love mine. One of the best suspension mods I have done to the P5, and one of the cheapest.lol yah for ebay! lol My body role cut in half when I installed mine. Looks even better if you paint it up. I painted mine a metalic black and slapped a mazdaspeed sticker on it:

728c697d529f.jpg

ab4882ec2ead.jpg

not the greatest pictures but you get the idea

XxaltezzaxX said:
So yea I finally got around to installing it :D
DSC00269.jpg

DSC00271.jpg

DSC00272.jpg

I'll clean up the holes I made this weekend but until then, they look like caca :(
Got the same one. Measured mine real close so the holes are tight,LOL, but the panels were PITA to get back in place with the holes so small but it was worth the hassle. That & the awr trailing links & the progress 22mm rear sway bar & tokico illuminas made huge difference. All done back there. Overkill for daily driver...OK maybe not, LOL.

Oh, did you jack the car up in the center to unload the strut tower pressure before tightening the bar in place? It needs to be or else it's mostly decoration.

i12drivemyMP5 said:
Oh, did you jack the car up in the center to unload the strut tower pressure before tightening the bar in place? It needs to be or else it's mostly decoration.

I see a lot of people say this, and it makes me wonder how much validity there is to the statement. Maybe I'll try doing it both ways some day when I'm bored :)

i12drivemyMP5 said:
Yea it was done, car was lifted before I tightened it down. The rear sway is next on my list after the drop. How do you like the AWR?

Back