Rear Squeak Problem-Spring area?

Ok, so I am aware of the clunk and have delt with that, but the car squeaks terribly in the rear when going over bumps and surface changes such as parking lots and driveways. The more I listen to it, it sounds as if this is in the spring perch, or possibly the spring itself. I have tried using different forms of grease and softeners on everthing from the spring perches and bushings. Nothing seems to work.

So, the question is, what needs to be replaced? Springs? Perches? Bushings? I don't know where to start, and tired of people staring for the wrong reasons. (boom03)

i would try replacing the rear swaybar bushings. Mine sounds exactly like what yours is doing. i got the clunk fix and it went away for a half a year, but i didnt replace the bushing when i installed the clunk fix so im hoping that getting new bushings will solve the problem.

Yeah, I failed to mention that the squeak seems temperature related as well. With it being ungodly hot here over the last two months, it is squeaking alot more than spring or fall when it is temperate; and in the winter months when it is super cold and numbing, it does the same thing as well. During the winter, I get a pretty good squeak coming from the front end as well, which I attributed to the cold springs being stiffer. The fronts only complain in the winter for the most part though, which is tolerable. But the backs are almost constant with the weather being warm now, and it's driving me nuts!

Back