What do you guys think....?

Attachments

• DSCN8637.JPG
    DSCN8637.JPG
    319.9 KB · Views: 208
  • DSCN8636.JPG
    DSCN8636.JPG
    391.1 KB · Views: 191
Looks cheesy IMO. But credit due for doing a mod on your own :)

do you have a pic showing the whole back of the car from a distance? might look better if you could see the whole thing...

Dude.... ebay LEDs are like $1.20 a strip. Granted most of the blue ones suck total ass and barely work, also all the ebay LEDs use this retarded 24AWG wire that requires a DaVinci surgical robot to strip, but still... it beats $25/pair.

My stance on exterior LEDs - only Audis can pull them off, unfortunately. Also the odd mercedes/bmw... but not on an econobox. Props for effort though, and they are kinda fun to wire in, aren't they?

To each his own I guess. Next install is the White LED's in the front.

I like it. I even wired in a special switch to turn on/off the yellow bulbs and changed the blinkers all around to yellow as well.

If you weren't familiar with Mazda's you would swear the car came like that.

^What he said. Make your car into what you want it to be. I, personally, am decking mine out with a shitload of blue interior lights. A lot of people hate them and think they're rice, but I like driving a portable rave.

I wanted to add city lights to the front headlights where there seems to be an open slot, but seems pretty risky to do this and get water / moisture inside the lens. Has anyone tried this....?

it's the same process as painting the trim inside the headlamp assemblies.

heat them up for about 10 mins at 200 in your oven, pry them apart, do your bidding - put them back in for about 10 mins - push them together til the lens is fully seated (it'll click on the little black tabs) and voila! you're done!

I wanted to add city lights to the front headlights where there seems to be an open slot, but seems pretty risky to do this and get water / moisture inside the lens. Has anyone tried this....?

i actually did the city light in the high beam slot when i had pro5 headlights on my ES, since, as you said, there is already a spot for it. the european pro5's have the city light there.

the socket for that hole is the same socket that is used for the corner lights on the sedan, if you are serious about it. cut the hole right, and it will seal itself with the gasket on the socket. after you cut that hole in the back of the headlight, you have to CAREFULLY dremel out a hole in the high-beam reflector to let the socket come through. if you do it right, it looks fantastic at night.

here is what they looked like at night -
attachment.php

Back